ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 cup owner Dundee

172 Cup.
hi all, been on this forum for a good while but never posted, always wanted a clio 172/182, but the right one never came up. Was on the brink of buying one early this year until a Honda Accord Type-R came up, and went for that instead. Swapped someone today with a 172 cup. Lowered on springs, has a straight through custom exhaust with 182 single exhaust recess in the bumper, and a ram air induction kit. Sounds absolutely brilliant. It's running semi slicks on the front which are just silly this time of year, so hoping to buy coilovers and 15" phase one winter wheels this month.

Has a cliosport sticker in the rear window so someone on here must've owned it, very poor shot but gives you an idea. Cheers all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 53

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Good to see fellow cup owners around! Straight through exhaust must be deafening? Mine is bad as it is, and that's still with 2 silencers... Welcome to the host of "is this part the same as on a normal 172" based searching you will have to do when it breaks...

172 Cup.
Sorry I'm talking b****cks as it does have two silencers.

Talking of which, will coilovers for a standard 172 fit a cup?

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Sorry I'm talking b****cks as it does have two silencers.

Talking of which, will coilovers for a standard 172 fit a cup?
Aha can't imagine having a straight through on a road car, would be beyond belief!

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Aha yeah, they feel pretty quick too, especially on a rally! How does it compare to the Accord Type R? I have a friend who is after one of those.

172 Cup.
Night and day imo. The Accord is a big heavy car, handles well but nowhere near as good as the Clio. It only started moving once you got into vtec. The Clio is quicker right the way through. I prefer smaller cars so I'm probably a bit biased. Main reason I changed was because parts are very rare and not much variety and have to be imported. Thus suits me far better.