ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 mk2.2? - Newer ecu in it info pls

Trophy #267
As some of you may be aware, I have been having issues with a group N ecu Im trying to put in my late mk2 172 (CB1N late 04 reg'd motorpoint jobbie)

I have a spare 172 ecu bought from 16vJON on here which to the best of my knowledge is normal for a mk2 (mk1 ecu having 256k flash, mk2 = 512k flash) and should work on my car. pmurray & bellautos have been assisting me with my testing and all attempts seem to show the same effect and lead me to believe that my hardware is unique in my car.

My problem is that I believe my car is unique in that is has a 182 ecu on it (possibly plus other 182 bits) , hence my ref to a mk 2.2 and is causing some strange things to occur when the spare ecu I have is connected when programmed with a group N software.

So far issues I have seen are:

Coolant needle on dash does not move - stuck at bottom
Radiator fan on constantly even with keys removed (poss fed from ecu or by product of incorrect temp reading in 1st place ?).

Does anyone have any info on the differences and any assistance ?

Img below

Left = My ECU - normally seen on 182 - Sirrus 34 series 2
Markings
S118303122 A

Right = Standard 172 ecu Sirrus 34
Markings
S110875101

ecucropped.JPG

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
thats interesting, the one on the right is what mine looks like (2002 cup)

i remember on the punto turbos had this, you had a gt1, (original) then a gt2, then a gt3 The gt2 was a combination of parts from the 2 or 3. Ie engine could be a gt1 or 3, and calipers etc

b*****d to get parts for if you had a gt2 lol

Remap Tuning Available
Im wondering if its just the replacement ecu that you was sent from FC that could be the cause of the problem even tho your origanal is like a 182 clone.

Looking at the file from the socalled FC ecu it either looks as tho they not modded it correctly OR sent you someone elses ecu back by mistake :(

Last edited:
  Remap Tuning Available
Laingo said:
My ECU is identical to the one on the LEFT. (late 2003 172)

Is your car the FULL FAT car ?? ,

Im wondering if the fullfat late models have got this ecu fitted.

Trophy #267
also, im assuming you've had a remap / tweak if you have had it off ? what did you do and how did it go ?
Any chancy of minor oval plate info to compare spec. or any markings on ecu ?
Mine is cb1n k043618

VaVa
robbievox said:
also, im assuming you've had a remap / tweak if you have had it off ? what did you do and how did it go ?
Any chancy of minor oval plate info to compare spec. ?
Mine is cb1n k043618

Will have a look tomorrow mate. Ale is calling.

sound like youve knocked the plug out from the coolant temp sensor. on the side of the thermostat housing the temp sensor is in there, if thats unplugged then the fan cuts in.

Trophy #267
nah dan, the uce on left which comes with the car does not do it. only happens with the ecu on the right

Lionel Richie
robbievox said:
Does anyone have any info on the differences and any assistance ?

Img below

Left = My ECU - normally seen on 182 - Sirrus 34 series 2
Markings
S118303122 A

Right = Standard 172 ecu Sirrus 34
Markings
S110875101

ecucropped.JPG

yes all R-sport ECU's look like the one on the left, all stock ECU's i've seen look like the one on the right

VaVa
Well mt Stock ECU is the same as the one on the left. And the Group N I had fitted looks like the one on the right. lol.

Trophy #267
@ fred what what i have been told 172 and earlier have the one on right, 182 have one of left.

@ laingo if poss can you post what marking both ecus have ? s number is stamped somewhere on case and 2x8 numbers on the sticker, is v interesting to see that you seem to have a newer ecu but replaced with older type gp n - im assuming you have 172 or 182 ??

nb also, im assuming all your instrumentation works, inc coolant temp etc

VaVa
robbievox said:
@ fred what what i have been told 172 and earlier have the one on right, 182 have one of left.

@ laingo if poss can you post what marking both ecus have ? s number is stamped somewhere on case and 2x8 numbers on the sticker, is v interesting to see that you seem to have a newer ecu but replaced with older type gp n - im assuming you have 172 or 182 ??

nb also, im assuming all your instrumentation works, inc coolant temp etc

Sorry mate - Group N has now gone due to it not controlling my Cruise Control. Didn't seem to control my climate correctly either - Could hear compressor clicking in and out. Now back to normal with standard ECU.

The group N I had was supplied by Renault and not a reflash by a third party mind you.

So I can't help you with the numbers but as I said my stock ECU is identical to your's.

Remap Tuning Available
@ Laingo If you want GPN mapping on your origanal ecu with FULL climate and cruse give me a shout ,,, this is no problem at all. :cool: