ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 owner reporting in!

Clio 172, Mazda MX-5
Hi everyone, I bought a 2003 172 in Monaco Blue earlier this week and am loving it so far. I had a couple of Clios some years back to teach people to drive in so am used to them and know how reliable they are. (Neither of my two missed a beat. Ever.) Now that I'm no longer doing that I can get back into a car with some power - hooray! - and after checking out a few cars I thought might be suitable, gravitated to my old friend the Clio. It's a bit like coming home actually; everything is as I remember it - except the performance!

Performance cars is something else I'm used to as I've had a weekend toy for the last few years, a Eunos Roadster (MX-5 to the rest of us) RS-Limited, although I have a nasty feeling the 172 might leave it for dead, in a straight line at least.

As I'm 60 next birthday I shall avoid all the boy racer stuff like lowering etc. - in fact I even insisted the previous owner took his huge bass bin out before selling me the car. He'd also fitted nonstandard wheels (17's), but had to leave them on as he'd sold the originals. (I've posted about that in the Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section.) I do intend to put some stripes on soon as I always do that, as anyone who has seen my MX-5 - and even my last few tuition cars! - will tell you. They will be gold to match the wheels - when I've sprayed them.

172/B8 Quattro
Welcome and love the RS mx5s, I had one not long ago (track car) and they are very capable cars. It's yours a mk2 eunos?

Clio 172, Mazda MX-5
Recaros were sold ages ago but have been replaced by nice leather ones.

Photos as promised:

Here's my MX-5 looking a bit sorry for itself in the rain, at an Avenue Drivers Club meeting in Bristol a year or so ago. I'm under the umbrella in the background, near the other MX-5s. (I'm the male half of the duo.)

RSintheRain.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And here's my new Clio - sorry it's the photo from the advert I bought it from. Better ones to follow, I promise!

ClioAd.jpg