ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 has leaking washer jets.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Expected it to, but how do i fix it? Don't care if they don't work anymore. Can i just block up the pipe to them? Where is it located.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Need some help, it's still draining out the drivers side one now lol

Renault clio 182 cup 2004
I had the same problem, The bumper is dead easy to take off and replace the washers, I got some from renault for about £9 if that.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
But won't new ones do the same? I'm not taking the bumper off!

Renault clio 182 cup 2004
My drivers side one was leaking for ages until gave in and did it and it's not leaked since.

Bumper is easy to remove, you shouldn't damage it.

BMW M135i
No way to block them without taking the bumper off then you might as well change them, you may be able to get to the washer lines if you take the passenger side arch liner out and block them off there but I can't remember 100%.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Won't ever be the same if i take the bumper off, does the xenon washer have a different pump to the windscreen ones? If so can i disconnect it?

LY 182
no one ever mentions this but im sure you could get away with sticking a 1 way valve inline with the washer jet hose just lift the scuttle up a bit stick your hand in there and fit the valve in line
they are about 10p from halfords or similar

Renaultsport 220T
No way to block them without taking the bumper off then you might as well change them, you may be able to get to the washer lines if you take the passenger side arch liner out and block them off there but I can't remember 100%.

Yes there is, remove the nearside archliner, the two hoses are clipped in behind it, with a just need something to block the connectors.

Would be better to replace the washerjets though, as bumper off is not that tricky.

:D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't get how a one way valve would work, as it's siphoning the liquid out?

Fiesta ST3
just do what i did whilst waiting to get mine fixed under warranty at renault...

wrigleys extra well chewed then pressed into the slot dries hard and stops the leak worked a treat for over 2 weeks;)

LY 182
water goes in to them, witch craft happens and stops it dribbeling out,

thats about the most techincal answer i can give you im afraid but i've fitted loads rovers have a habbit of dribbeling the water out of there washer jets just put one of them in line.

they still work fine as you fit them inline ie water travels the direction of the valve

think it is something to do with the syphon effect

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
yeah but if the water is flowing through the valve how does it stop it? As it's still siphoning in the same direction?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Ok but as they cost pence i'll give it a try. What size do I need and where does it go?

Clio Sport 172
i put them as close as i could to the end. so one behind the grille and the other just behind the passenger jet.

ITB'd MK1
Won't ever be the same if i take the bumper off, does the xenon washer have a different pump to the windscreen ones? If so can i disconnect it?

huh? it's really quite simple and the alignment pretty much can't go wrong when it goes back on if that's what you're worried about. If it's had an aux belt done then the bumper has been off already

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
not had an aux yet as it's only on 13k,

Anyone got any more ideas? Or could tell me what valve i need?

Clio Sport 172
i just got mine from halfords mate. yeah then need to be as close to the jets as poss.

the ebay ones look a little different to the ones i have but im sure they do the same job

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Right i've bought 2 one way valves from pets at home, do i just put it as close to the washer as possible?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks like it's gonna be a bumper of job, ggrrrr, i can't find the guide :(

R35 GTR
cool just found that, looks like I can do this anytime then. I got a couple of 4.6mm one way valves from halfrauds. Do you know for certain what size the pipe is?