ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 Owner.....well almost

Clio 197
Hi everyone.

Been having a good read of the forums over the last few weeks but not posted anything up until now.

I have just placed the order through my company car scheme for my 197.

I have been told that it will be 6-7 weeks delivery and I am not sure how I am going to manage to wait that long :eek:

I have ordered the full 197 (not the cup) in Nimbus with the Cup chassis upgrade, extra tinted windows and Cabasse stereo.

I was all set to order it in red but my local dealer had a Cup in nimbus in stock and it looked fantastic.

Anyway....just thought I would introduce myself and prep you all for all the questions I will probably be asking over the coming few weeks :eek:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome Fella, Get some pictures ov it up, havnt seen a "nimbus" Version

501856-3.jpg

Clio 197
Welcome Fella, Get some pictures ov it up, havnt seen a "nimbus" Version

Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't actually got it yet.....the one in the dealers (Orpington) was very tempting as it had also been re-trimmed in leather, but I really wanted the extras that the full version gives so I have had to bite the bullet and order it.

One silly thing I did do was take a chance on the Cabasse upgrade as the dealer did not have one in a car to listen to, what are peoples views on the upgrade, worth it over the standard audio or not? I am not worried about MP3 so not really an issue and I know I could have gone aftermarket but that is not really an option on our company scheme unfortunately.

Mini Cooper S sport
Hi and welcome!! Get some pics up when you get it. I do think 197s look so much better in the metal than they do in photos though.

E30 318iS x2
^^ Racing Blue is the name of the company I work for :)

Welcome to CS

Don't tell us where you work, we all be queing up lol!

Clio 197
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

It's not all company car, we get an allowance and I have to pay the rest each month, but I can basically order whatever car I want.

I also looked at all the other usual suspects, Type R (test drove and wasn't that impressed), Focus ST, Corsa/Astra VXR (Too boy racer for me) etc. etc.

I think the Renault is the best of the bunch, it looks the part without going over the top like some of the others and it was a pleasure to drive.

I am going back to renault after a number of years. I did own 2 of the original 1.4 RT clios and did have a dribble over the original 16v until I found out the insurance for me at that age was going to be over £3k.

I now have a date for delivery to the dealer of 20/7/2008 and then supply to me by 1/8/2008. I am hoping this may come down a bit as it is worst case at the moment as I think they state 8 weeks lead time.