ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Alpine F1 livery

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

plus, new partnership announced with Alpine road cars and Lotus to develop the future sports car, fully electric.

alpine-f1.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Matte black, with black wheels and black bits. Looks like it's been for a bad manz wrapz.

Not the best

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
can't understand the thinking behind changing to Alpine.

I can't see it having much effect on Alpine sales. I know Alpine race in other series but why not keep the F1 team as your main car brand? At least then they can put a sticker on the back of all Renaults saying how they finished 5th in 2020.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I'm all for a new livery on the grid, this plus Aston Martin. Think that looks great!

But seriously, I secretly want this season to bore off and 2022 to come quicker, pls.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It looks decent but makes no sense. Why switch the team to Alpine, is it because Renault soon won't be making anything sporty and they think having a "F1 constructors 5th place" sticker on a Kadjar won't bolster sales? I mean there's gotta be some F1 tech in a Kadjar hat there?
And when you think of Alpine it's colour is French Racing Blue. Not black, blue. Makes no sense.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It looks decent but makes no sense. Why switch the team to Alpine, is it because Renault soon won't be making anything sporty and they think having a "F1 constructors 5th place" sticker on a Kadjar won't bolster sales? I mean there's gotta be some F1 tech in a Kadjar hat there?
And when you think of Alpine it's colour is French Racing Blue. Not black, blue. Makes no sense.
I get that perspective but thinking it thorough i think it makes a lot of sense personally.

Awareness of Renault is high globally (perhaps excluding the Americas) whereas very few people outside of France know what Alpine is. If you want to supercharge brand awareness I don't think there's a better platform than F1.

On the product side, it makes sense Alpine is the aspirational/ higher priced sports car brand and Renault focus on mass market.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Isn’t this move more in an effort to expand the brand rather than sales. Everyone knows Renault F1. Alpine was always the race decision of Renault till it vanished and now trying to revive it and almost dissolve RenaultSport into Alpine.

I don’t know if it’s a joke but apparently Alonso’s car will be in blue like the LMP picture

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Isn’t this move more in an effort to expand the brand rather than sales. Everyone knows Renault F1. Alpine was always the race decision of Renault till it vanished and now trying to revive it and almost dissolve RenaultSport into Alpine.

I don’t know if it’s a joke but apparently Alonso’s car will be in blue like the LMP picture

Yeah seems like there shelving the Renault sport brand all together apart from it being a RS trim level.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I associate Alpine with a brand of Muesli or a yoghurt.

Car looks s**t. HRT was the bestest.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member

The black Livery isn't the race livery so I'd fully expect the race one to be blue