ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New bag and tripod required

White APE
I've just upgraded to the D90 and really need a proper camera bag to keep everything in. It needs to house the D90 with the 18-105, a 50mm f1.8 and a 55-200mm along a few accessories like remote etc.

I've seen the crumpler cupcake 4000 which I think will house what I need it too. Has anyone got one of these and has any views on it?

Also, I need to upgrade my tripod. I have a basic velbon one but do t think it is sturdy enough. Has anyone got any recommendations. Price <£100.

Cheers

Mk2 Golf gti
I think you'll need one bigger than that, i have very similar kit to you and i sold on my crumpler cupcake 5500 as it was too small. At the moment i've got a low pro altus 140, most of my stuff fits in at a squeeze but it's pretty convenient and comfortable :)

White APE
Thanks for that info adele, that helps alot.

Have you got any recommendations for a suitable tripod?

cheers

Cupra
I am a new Thinktank convert. I needed a new shoulder bag as my Domke was too small for the camera with the 70-200 mounted, so I picked up a Thinktank Retrospective 30. They have various sizes, and the 30 is one of the larger ones, but their quality is superb. They have even thought about being able to silence the Velcro on the pockets and lid, so that you don't disturb when shooting at an event. Also comes with a rain cover to keep everything dry in an emergency and is low key too.

6921379139_12cce915d6_z.jpg

Thinktank Retrospective 30 by .monk3y, on Flickr

6921379389_22ab0bf325_z.jpg

6775264776_cd82bf2d91_z.jpg

6775264922_9939501dec_z.jpg

Meg 225
I got this as my bag, it's an F-Stop GURU awesome bag!
http://fstopgear.com/en/guru

And got a Manfrotto 055XPROB + 496RC2 Ballhead very sturdy tripod and superb quality!
[video=youtube_share;zmenklsAZX8]http://youtu.be/zmenklsAZX8[/video]

Both cost a bit more then you expected to spend on it, but like a lot of people on here say: Buy cheap, buy twice!

2.2 bar shed.
I've got a retrospective 20, it's about as big as I'd want to go for a shoulder bag. It'll carry a zoom trilogy and a prime, anything more and a rucksack would be easier. But yeah, thinktank ftw.