ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Battery Flat

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Mk1 Ph3

Ok something is running down my battery! Takes about 7 days till flat, and it's a brand new battery (also tried 2 others, so it's not faulty.

I've got a feeling it is something to do with the airbag. A while ago I hit a big bump and then the engine went crazy with lights flashing everywhere. Every now and then the airbag light comes on or flashes (once every 30 miles or so) - so is there anything to do with the airbag that could be sapping the power when the engine's off?

The other theory (m8 from the RAC suggested this) is that I have a crack in the base of my ariel, moisture could be getting thru to the central locking and setting it off at random intervals - thing with this theory is that surely by probability I would have found the car unlocked at some point?

I have a 1200watt amp connected to the battery, tho it's hardly ever used (once every 5 trips), I very much doubt it's anything to do with that, but thought it might be relevant.

Any1 got any ideas? I definitely think it's got something to do with the airbag light (or hitting the bump) - as that fits in with when it first started happening.

Sorry for the essay :rasp:.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
That's a possibility, but even if the car isn't used the battery still runs down I think.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
something i did like a numpty once my battery kept going flat turned out i hadnt put my remote wire of the proper wire lol make sure you green light on the map isnt on once you have taken the key OUT if it is on it means it is always on so even th it is only a green light it will take charge. but im only sayin this suggestion as i have dun it b4

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Yeah I'm 99% sure it's nothing to do with the amp.

Is there a life expectancy on alternators? Don't think mine has had a new one in over 6 years.