ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New brakes!! Whats recomened

I plan to get new brakes put on my car but not sure which ones to go for. A have a valver and plan on modding the engine a bit. I feel I should get some new brakes for it one obviously because its gonna help me stop better and two because the old one look naff through my new alloys. anybody got ant suggestions on what I should go for (front and back). I am not the richest bloke in the world and they have to look the piece as well. Please help!!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

ill be getting the k-tec big brake kit shortly after next week hopefully, thats 285mm, zinc plated drilled and relocates your current caliper for around £200. As for the rears may as well just get standard discs for the amount of force applied, maybe uprated pads.

coolspot m8

would like any info u have on the ktec 285mm brake kit conversion would also like ure view on them performance wise

mail me mailto:night.icon@virgin.net">night.icon@virgin.net

thanx

john

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

I would recommed the Hi-Spec conversion.

285mm grooved discs with Billet four pots, uprated pads and braided brake lines. The stop lovely and not harsh. The look the nuts and not too expensive. The whole set up cost me £525.00 fitted.

Its the same kit that BB Tuning use and many other tuning houses buy from Hi-Spec and sell to chimps like us !! So why not cut out the middle man and buy direct from the supplier.

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

I got some Brembo MAX grooved disc and some EBC pads for the front - still bedding them in so not too sure how good they are yet...seem a bit better than the originals but not yet had the chance to properly test em....

Wouldve liked a big brake conversion but it was christmas, and there was a queue at the bank, and the dog ate my wallet, and peer pressure n stuff!?!?!

Sorry.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

hey leigh, im looking at a brake conversion meself, ur conversion sounds good where did u get ur kit from or get it done by? :D

will16v, lemme know what you think of the brembo max plus ebcs...im running the same for my 02 1.4 16v and i find them a little bit loud when braking hard from hi speed...is that normal since they are slotted?

anyone know?

That K-tec kit looks great, nice 4 pot brembo calipers. In red, yum! Plus remember its custom for clios so id expect it to be as good as anything else.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

fook those calipers look tiny compaired to mine !!!

Oh well it takes allsorts dont it !!

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Yer 285mm disc go on no probs even with 4 pots !! I got em on mine and only using std Willy 15" wheels.

So in a nut shell what is top notch for my 16v and where can I get them from, for what price?? How easy a job is it to get them on can any mechanic put them on?

BMW 320d Sport

Well top notch could be whatever you want. For example if you dont mind spending £1150 what about Tarox 6 pot calipers on 318mm grooved discs? Or £1500 for an AP Racing 4 pot setup?