ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Camera Benchmarking Site

vers le haut doigt milieu
Nikon have better lenes then the rest but people dont use them due to the fact the software isnt as good as teh cannon.

vers le haut doigt milieu
If U ask any professinal FASHION photographer then they will say Nikon's have failed them when taking many photos, even with me they have failed me but for an am or GWC its an awesome camera as every1 does say the lenes are better.

I would say that the data presented is 99% irrelevant to 99% of people, particularly at 'our' end of the market. Replace my D90 with a 50D for a month and I would be amazed if my photos turned out any different, replace my D90 with a D40 for a month and I still doubt there would be much of a difference unless I was shooting high ISO stuff and getting big prints done. The only way to make a seriously noticeable change instantly is with the lens we buy.

Full frame cameras would probably make a difference long-term (in which case our talent would be seriously put to the test, and we would need some impressive lens to make the most of them) as things really jump up a notch (the D700/D3 high ISO performance is obscene.)

Cupra
If U ask any professinal FASHION photographer then they will say Nikon's have failed them when taking many photos, even with me they have failed me but for an am or GWC its an awesome camera as every1 does say the lenes are better.

Funny, I have never heard everybody say that.... even mates who are Nikonians.

You're the Pro though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
So the 50D is actually 'worse' than the 40D? And only just better than the 350D?
yes thats right, because that website says so.;)

I have come from a 350d and can tell you the cameras are night and day in every way, especially low light capabilities.

When comparing the iso settings of the 50d and 40d on that site they only list up to 3200 whereas the 50d can do up to 12800.

It has 50% more pixels and the new digic 4 processor, its a step up, not a step down. The 50d wins on all areas except one yet they have the 40d as a higher score.

I can't see how they got to that result, although i would say that as i have a 50d, but i can categorically say that the leap over a 350d is way way more than that site suggests.