ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Canon 7D?

14' Leon Cupra 280
Yeh that's a very strange model to bring out...

'The Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR is also the first in the EOS range to introduce a Dual-Axis Electronic Level (in both the viewfinder and on the LCD) that indicated both pitch and roll angles.' - sounds interesting!

Ian

Focus TDCi
On TP they've said it's basically a 60D but they're stopping that range to not intefere with Nikon's range.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i couldn't see an upgrade route for my 50d before as i have loads of EF-s lens's but now i have one, although i will have to dig deep to not actually upgrade just yet as i've only had the 50d a year!

dk

911 GTS Cab
okay, but its positioned below the 5d on the canon website so why does it have a higher number, that goes against their numbering system surely?

yes it does but their numbering systems is flawed
the bigger the number the worse the camera except within a series then the smaller number the worse it is lol

No noob buttons except green box, 19 point AF, 8fps and super high ISO, want! but alas my 40D will give me a few more years...

edit: Integrated Speedlite transmitter, upgrade to need. If only I could..

Oil Burner
Rob Galbraiths review of it has suggested the AF in AI Servo mode isnt too brilliant. Was looking great until then :S

Cupra
Rob Galbraiths review of it has suggested the AF in AI Servo mode isnt too brilliant. Was looking great until then :S

That was still the Beta model though. I have cancelled my 5DII order and am waiting for production reviews of the 7D before I decide which one to get.

I just can't decide whether the better AF, remote flash are worth loosing full frame over.

I am also hoping I can get as good a deal on the 7 as I did on the 5!

Oil Burner
ah right i didnt realise that, thinking about it im not certain i would rather a 7d + Grip over a used 1d mkiii. To be honest i think the ruggedness of the 1d would be more use to me. However i will want to hold one first.

Could this be the first Pro-sumer camera you can actually hold comfortably without paying £100 for a grip?

5D2 will have better IQ

18mp on an APS-C sensor is mad. AF is not anyfaster than teh 50D apparently. remote flash its unlikely you'll actually use it.

no way I'd get a crop sensor over my 5D2 now

That was still the Beta model though. I have cancelled my 5DII order and am waiting for production reviews of the 7D before I decide which one to get.

I just can't decide whether the better AF, remote flash are worth loosing full frame over.

I am also hoping I can get as good a deal on the 7 as I did on the 5!

Cupra
For the same cash as the 5DII, I can probably get the 7D with a 100-400... I have never used full frame so don't know what I am missing I guess.

I'll make my mind up in a couple of weeks. :D