ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car... Audi TTS with pics

Skoda
Picked up my new TTS last weekend. Really pleased with it so far. Much better handling compared to my 135i but needs to be worked a lot harder to drive as quick. The 135 was mighty no matter what gear you were in, the TTS isn't as keen unless you're in the right gear.

A few iPhone pics (no the best quality unfortunately)

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Love these what engine is in the s ?

Have a look at johnny cockers thread on his ttrs on vagoc

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
When you say much better handling, do you simply mean 'it has more grip'? Or is there more to your statement? Quite interested in why you think a FWD car with the engine way out in front of the front axle handles better than a RWD drive with the engine behind the front axle.

They are lovely cars mind, my gf wants one.

Skoda
When you say much better handling, do you simply mean 'it has more grip'? Or is there more to your statement? Quite interested in why you think a FWD car with the engine way out in front of the front axle handles better than a RWD drive with the engine behind the front axle.

They are lovely cars mind, my gf wants one.

I assume by FWD you mean 4WD (or AWD)... In the 135 it was very hard to get the power down through the rear wheels particularly in the wet (and even dry if the tyres are getting on a bit). In the TTS with the added traction from the 4WD I can just floor it and it grips and takes off.. No wheel spin and no traction cutting in

RS6 C7
I assume by FWD you mean 4WD (or AWD)... In the 135 it was very hard to get the power down through the rear wheels particularly in the wet (and even dry if the tyres are getting on a bit). In the TTS with the added traction from the 4WD I can just floor it and it grips and takes off.. No wheel spin and no traction cutting in

It's a confidence inspiring car as most 4wd Audi's are, On a normal road I would much rather drive something sure footed.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Its not 4WD though, its Haldex FWD, so the rears dont actually kick in until the fronts start to slip, so you will end up with understeer on the limit. Even with the Haldex controller set to Race on my Mk5 R32, it still understeered initially, as that is how the system works.

As such, what you are describing imho is improved 'grip' not handling prowess. I know what you mean though, i could drive the R32 with leadfeet in the wet/snow and it still went round whatever corner i chucked at it. Perfect for an everyday car.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not my cup of tea, I would have probably kept the 135 myself! :)

But if you're pleased with it - that's the main thing. Are these all manual? Glad Audi kept that, if they are?

D.

Z4
Very nice car that.
The interior looks a nice place to be, something you can drive any day of the year in real comfort.

As a drivers tool I still have my doubts but they've come along way since the mk1 platform.
I don't see these as 'exciting' otherwise I'd be very tempted to buy one. The RS however, is awesome.

Bit of a side step coming from a 135. Worse engine, but more stylish.

Lovely car. Lovely to drive aren't they, my mate has one too. I really like the change to the body work on these new ones.

I love manual cars but I would have gone for the S-tronic personally, that dual clutch gearbox is just too good to say no too.