ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car(s) dilemma...

Rb 182
I'd go with the Daily Bm and keep the Skoda, Better the Devil you know. Plus its a change from all the Clios and Meg's you see at every track day.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I will have my Fiesta ST ( 306 BHP ) up for sale around September when my new Mk8 ST is delivered if that is of any interest to you .

Would say you could have my MR2 track car but im far too in to this and have spent way to much on it and still spending :)

Regards

So in the coming months I'll be in the hunt for a new car, had my heart set on a M135i or 235I auto. The plan was use it for the 15k miles a year commute, daily/weekend duties and then around 5 track days a year, but i'm having doubts about using it for the latter due to the cost of the car being around £17k and also the additional costs of tyres, brakes, servicing, maintenance and wear and tear on the car. Track insurance is also £100 a day as well.

So as a different approach get a nice comfortable auto like a F10 530d for around £10k with BMW insured warranty, sell the Skoda for around £3k and buy a ready built track car for around £5-6k (Civic, Clio, E36 etc) to do more track days, around 8 days a year.

Pro's of a new track car, new car feeling, gives me a project, we have a spare car in the household if another breaks. Con's potential money pit (again)!!!

Or get a nice comfortable auto like a F10 530d for around £10k with BMW insured warranty and keep the Skoda and strip it to its bear bones, stage 2 tune (just needs a decat and map for 275hp/340 ft/lb), seats and harness etc. Would cost around £1000 to get it to this stage with a power to weight of around 230hp/tonne if I could get it down to 1200kg which shouldn't be an issue.

Pro's of the Skoda it gives me a project, it'll be unique at track days and hold its own pretty well against the usual bunch, I know the car has been maintained to a very high standard and doesn't need money spending on worn or broken parts, we have a spare car in the household if another breaks. Con's, its a Skoda!!!

Whether buying a new track car or transforming the Skoda I'll still have to insure them for the year and tax through the track season which would cost around £500.

Thoughts?

M*35i and track it (most expensive option by far...)

Comfy daily and new track car (middle ground option, but potential money pit)

Comfy daily and transform the Skoda (least expensive option by far but its a bit meh!)

I'm going to see how the Skoda performs at Oulton 2/3 with the recent upgrades first, then make a decision from that. As mentioned sometimes its better the devil you know and I think it'll look cool getting it to look like the old MK1 rally car, albeit a silver base not white.

98391d6498bfd1891732514fd1be51dd.jpg
ot_a_2_thiry_4.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Looks pretty clean tbh, compared to others i have seen.

EDIT: i was only going by the picture you posted and the level of rust.

I recon the pictures are from ages ago when it was painted as the description mentions lacquer peel and stuff, probably meaning it's had a crap job done.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I recon the pictures are from ages ago when it was painted as the description mentions lacquer peel and stuff, probably meaning it's had a crap job done.

Well Honda paint isn't the best so if it hasn't been painted then it's not that surprising especially on that colour of car.