ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car - Zetec s

r26 , 182
Finally my insurance had dropped enough for me to efford a new car, sooo her she is, my fiesta zetec s. everythin standard atm.
few things wanting to doo in the future. All comments welcome ,
(it would of been a 172/182 but insurance costs where to large.)

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0449.jpg

DSCN0450.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

DSCN0452.jpg

DSCN0453.jpg

r26 , 182
was looking into a milltek exhaust for sound and performance, but as far as styling goes, i havent seen anythink i like, everything i have seen screams boy racer and thats not me.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Nice car :)

You don't need anything done styling wise to a zetec-s nice looking as standard.
only the usual lowered a little. Fresh plates and get rid of the orange indicators.

Ive seen mk1 focus Rs wheels and front brakes on these, looks really good. Think it's just on the diesels though. 5 stud?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You need some ST sideskirts and some centre caps. ST ones can be had cheap.

The colour coding ties in better with the s/skirts. Great colour though.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Needs side skirts, miltek with ST diffusser, Eibachs and spacers. Loved my mates one when he was done well apart from the green bits he did.

r26 , 182
You need some ST sideskirts and some centre caps. ST ones can be had cheap.

The colour coding ties in better with the s/skirts. Great colour though.

yer the ST sideskirts look good, but what do you mean centre caps ? Also any one have any experience on how to change the ford badge on the front ? ( i understand its not a ford forum )

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The badges on the centre of the wheels. Centre caps.

Nice motor. Good colour. Has there been some colour coding on the rear bumper, around the fog light?

r26 , 182
The badges on the centre of the wheels. Centre caps.

Nice motor. Good colour. Has there been some colour coding on the rear bumper, around the fog light?

Not that i know of and do u mean the reflectors ? there is little bits of dried polish left in places around refelctors, i have tried to remove it with a warm mico-fibre cloth, but wont come off :(

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Looks tidy, always liked these (especially the anniversary/celebration edition in yellow with the chequered roof)

e92 330i
Really like these, nearly got an ST before another clio. Would look great on st alloys, 16's just look to small for the size of car. Nice buy though.

E46 M3, Clio 182
really nice car, was looking at the st150 before i brought my 182. Genuine cosworth alloys in gun metal grey would look lovely IMO! :p

Nice :) i was toying with the idea of getting a DCI fiesta st in sea grey. I will probably get one when i need to get something economical.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sea Grey DCI Fiesta ST?

You mean a Zetec S TDCI in Sea Grey?

r26 , 182
after have the car over a year now i thought it was time to make a few changes, I started with the setup with the Pipercross air filter attached to the airfilter box , after it not making much difference in noise or performance i decided to make my own.
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif helvetica, sans-serif]( please ignore the dirty engine bay only just finished fabricating the tube )
[/FONT]The tube is 2.5'' 316l grade stainless steel, fully welded and polished.

WP_20140326_003_zps6f4e7647.jpg
WP_20140326_004_zps63100c55.jpg

opinions please.

Clio 172
Very inventive. You won't be getting much performance benefit though. Just lots of induction noise. Open filters can suffer from heat soak, the hot air is less dense and means there isn't as much air getting in lowering the performance. Also that bend is very sharp disrupting the air flow into the throttle body slowing its flow. You wouldn't notice it because we are only talking losses of around 2-3 bhp so I wouldn't worry about it. :) looks a smart modification in general and I bet it sounds smart!

r26 , 182
Very inventive. You won't be getting much performance benefit though. Just lots of induction noise. Open filters can suffer from heat soak, the hot air is less dense and means there isn't as much air getting in lowering the performance. Also that bend is very sharp disrupting the air flow into the throttle body slowing its flow. You wouldn't notice it because we are only talking losses of around 2-3 bhp so I wouldn't worry about it. :) looks a smart modification in general and I bet it sounds smart!

Thanks for the helpful information, yerr the noise is surprisingly different, was shocked when i ran it for the first time, and i know what you mean about the bend, might look into changing it in the future when i get some spare time. Would you know if it would benefit from a shield ?

Clio 172
Thanks for the helpful information, yerr the noise is surprisingly different, was shocked when i ran it for the first time, and i know what you mean about the bend, might look into changing it in the future when i get some spare time. Would you know if it would benefit from a shield ?

There isn't much shields do. Once you shut the bonnet all the heat is trapped in there and it will find a way around the shield. Manufacturers use the boxs for a reason ;) unless you re route the filter well out of the way (down behind the fog lights for example) open filters are pretty useless. The focus ST/RS guys position the filter down by the near side front fog light behind the bumper. The gains are pretty significant, although you need to watch out for standing deep water...you can drowns the car with the filter so low down. Iv just ordered a standard box for my Clio sport to replace my open filter, same one as yours, and I'm fitting a pipercross panel filter.
Jack

r26 , 182
There isn't much shields do. Once you shut the bonnet all the heat is trapped in there and it will find a way around the shield. Manufacturers use the boxs for a reason ;) unless you re route the filter well out of the way (down behind the fog lights for example) open filters are pretty useless. The focus ST/RS guys position the filter down by the near side front fog light behind the bumper. The gains are pretty significant, although you need to watch out for standing deep water...you can drowns the car with the filter so low down. Iv just ordered a standard box for my Clio sport to replace my open filter, same one as yours, and I'm fitting a pipercross panel filter.
Jack

Ill have a look at moving it further down, but i understand what you mean about standing water, dont want to use it as a bilge pump ha ha.
Nice one jack