ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car :)

172 Cup
Picked my new car up Monday night. 172 cup :). Had a 106 gti before and i was abit worried about getting a 172 cup due to alot of people saying they preferred the 106 GTi. Have to say, so far i'm loving the cup. Doesn't feel much quicker than the GTi, just nicer, and in general more fun to drive.

Only thing is it has a exhaust on, and i want a standard one really, so if anyone is interested in a swap :).

Pic's:
02072009527.jpg

02072009530.jpg

02072009531.jpg

02072009528.jpg

And a pic of my old car:
DSCF1946.jpg

172 Cup
Had enough of lowered cars. If i do lower it, it will only be 20mm or so. Drives fine the way it is tbh.

Mini JCW
That looks a fair bit higher than my cup did on standard suspension :S

Looks nice either way dude, the 106 looks good too!

Oh and if your wanting an OEM exhaust your gonna be wanting a new rear bumper too....

Titanium 182
I nearly bought your old car when it was for sale eons ago !

haha I remember it, looked mint :D

Nice cup btw.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks really nice mate, exhaust is ok, maybe have the tail pipe style changed if it wouldnt cost too much? Slash cut seems to look better. As said it does look a little high, a set of Eibach springs would definately be a good move, improved handling and subtle drop, and they arent crashy like the Apex alternatives.

Old GTi looks mint though, a little scared that you say it doesnt feel much faster as i'm about to get one and have been hoping to be quicker than my mates GTi! (oh crap, humble pie time?) Although i do find that the saxo's/106's feel faster as they feel a little less "padded", you feel more involved with the road, and even in friends 1.1's against my clio they feel quicker inside, but arent in real life.

Titanium 182
Looks really nice mate, exhaust is ok, maybe have the tail pipe style changed if it wouldnt cost too much? Slash cut seems to look better. As said it does look a little high, a set of Eibach springs would definately be a good move, improved handling and subtle drop, and they arent crashy like the Apex alternatives.

Old GTi looks mint though, a little scared that you say it doesnt feel much faster as i'm about to get one and have been hoping to be quicker than my mates GTi! (oh crap, humble pie time?) Although i do find that the saxo's/106's feel faster as they feel a little less "padded", you feel more involved with the road, and even in friends 1.1's against my clio they feel quicker inside, but arent in real life.

gti and RSC are almost level up to about 80 then clio has it.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

The Clio has more class IMO so even if the 172 isnt faster, you have the nicer car.

Anyway a definite upgrade! Enjoy :) Looks good

Nice upgrade, but it looks really high (all standard height cups do) it would look better lowered a touch imo.