ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Cleaning Products

Bumder With A Buffer
Well I finally got myself a Karcher and Lance so decided to try out my new kit :)

Spent some money recently on some Wet mirror Finish. APC, various foam pads and towels/microfibres mainly to see what I like to use and what I get on with. Didnt notice any swirls in my paint work but I have got some scratches I want to remove.

Wash products..

02052009651.jpg

Polish etc..

02052009650.jpg

Towels etc

02052009653.jpg

This one is officially my blanky now as its soooo soft and plush :eek:

02052009654.jpg

Last night foamed up and cleaned off then ran out of time so this morning I washed with Autoglym, then SRP then tried the Wet Mirror Finish

Wont bore with photos of each stage but heres the results

02052009660.jpg

02052009665.jpg

02052009666.jpg

02052009668.jpg

02052009670.jpg

02052009671.jpg

02052009672.jpg

02052009674.jpg

Also fitted my new illegal number plate :)

02052009664.jpg

Amazing how much difference a small number plate makes to the front end!

Im unsure whether this was a better combination than the SRP and EGP I have done before but it certainly does look a bit "wetter".

Just got to apply a coat of DJ wax tomorrow and that should do for a few months. Next thing to try is the Meguiars APC in my arches but im leaving that till I fit the coilovers when they come. Overall pleased with the look :)

Might try my hand at claying next time I do a big wash as there a lots of random specs all over the car that tar remover dont get rid of. The front of the car is covered in chips too so might get that seen to at some point too.

My next purchase will be a polishing machine me thinks as I want to get rid of a few marks as mentioned earlier.

I dont like this detailing lark as this this thing is holding a good couple of hundred quids worth of stuff and theres f**k all there to be honest! :( And I've just been out and its got some dust on already! never mind.

02052009677.jpg

Oh one last thing my headlights are starting to get that horrible marking on them and I went over very quickly with the dreaded T-cut and it removed most of it I was surprised! Machine polish definately though to remove it fully.

Porsche Boxster987S
nice. Some decent products there. Should have got some tyre shine though;)

Bumder With A Buffer
I have but I always spend 2 days doing the car.. tomorrow is wheels off and cleaned and then wax up :)

Mental 172 Cup
very nice! nasty kink on the passenger door! looks like thats seen a few walls! my old car was much the same! :)

Bumder With A Buffer
yeah that was the missus that did that dent in tesco on the railings next to the trolley park! I dont park no where near now!