ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio 182 owner from West Sussex

Clio 182 '05
Hi everyone, I got my Clio 182 on the weekend and I just wanted to thank the members and staff for all of the info posted here, it helped me out a lot when researching the car! This is my second car so far...my first was a 90BHP Skoda Octavia TDI lol.

When I went to go and view the car the dealer said they had done the work, however they only had the parts and apparently they only perform repairs once they actually make a sale (is this a common thing? seems misleading to me). It sounded like a diesel at first but that's because the cambelt and dephaser pulley hadn't been done - I was looking at videos and posts on here of other Clios that needed new belts/pulleys whilst we were looking at the car and it sounded just like them! The garage did the following things before they handed the car over;
-Cambelt, dephaser pulley and waterpump change
-MOT
-Full service

I was a bit skeptical of the lumpy idle sound but this is quite a common issue from what I've read on here, otherwise it sounds and drives great! It came with a cheap cone/pod air filter so I managed to order an OEM airbox, luckily it came with an ITG panel filter inside so I'm happy about that. Along with the airbox I'll be getting the headlight washer replaced/checked as there's one missing, the one that remains doesn't work at all. So far I'm loving it, it is deceptively fast and looks+sounds fantastic. I don't think I've seen a 172/182 in my area but I see many of the 'regular' Clios daily, so I think I'll be catching people by surprise! :car:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I believe that's a typical used car dealer thing to only prep the car once there's a buyer. I think it's very poor myself but hey, the car is either a lemon or it's not - them doing their work after you've agreed to buy doesn't change that.

That's right, the idle on mine was never that smooth and it never put a foot wrong mechanically.

It's good they did the dephaser and water pump, when people are doing it on the cheap they often skip those.

Enjoy and welcome to CS.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hello, welcome and congrats on your purchase. I still remember the day I got my 182, loved every second of that car!!
As said get some pictures up!!

Clio 182 '05
I'm in Crawley, near Gatwick.:up: Here's a pic I took the other day:
vHZ2S7s.jpg

I need to do the headlights as they're not that clear but apart from that it's looking fab. The annoying thing is I just went out for a spin and (one of?) the handbrake cables has sanpped - no tension in the lever and it barely stops the car so I left it in gear for now. The upside to this is that I need work doing to the car this week anyway, and at least it wasn't anything too serious.🔨