ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new clio 200 cup!

Clio 1.2 Extreme
hey. new to the site! i have just brought a clio 200 cup in black. brand new out the showroom. any ideas on mods yet?

Clio 1.2 Extreme
in black!!! i pick it up tomoz at 6pm from my work! i work for renault so got gd price. how long to run these engines in do u think?

Clio 1.2 Extreme
dont just give it the beans from the start it will love you for it!

butttt if your more cautious isnt it like the first 600miles not above 3.5k?
yeh i think so. werent to sure tho! mr golf gti giving it sum mouth! cos he has a real slow car. my old 106 xsi 1.6 8v used to rip them to bits..

Let the engine get warm, a good 20 - 30minutes and then give it hell. Thats what I've done and it feels good for it.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeh i think so. werent to sure tho! mr golf gti giving it sum mouth! cos he has a real slow car. my old 106 xsi 1.6 8v used to rip them to bits..

no need to start picking fights fella, he was talking to the person who asked what colour you bought and not taking the piss :rolleyes:

i dnt pick fights! golf gti s**te! lol 200 anyday of the week! also my focus rs wud give him a smashing also

Majority of Golf GTi's arent s**t though are they? 6 generations of Golf GTi and the only ones that were no good are the Mk3 and Mk4. Mk5 GTi was constantly praised as one of the best in its class, Mk6 looks to be going the same way.

We may be a Clio based forum, but we don't bash other marques...

well not much anyway

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i dnt pick fights! golf gti s**te! lol 200 anyday of the week! also my focus rs wud give him a smashing also

Wasnt picking a fight, i was referring to another post.
My GTi would hand you a slap around the cheeks, except on track!! A 106 1.6 wouldnt keep up with me in 3rd mate!!

LY 200
Wasnt picking a fight, i was referring to another post.
My GTi would hand you a slap around the cheeks, except on track!! A 106 1.6 wouldnt keep up with me in 3rd mate!!

Ignore him mate. As it says on this forum somewhere, don't feed the trolls. ;)

I feel sorry for him tbh. I mean he works for Renault and he's come on here asking how to run his 200 in. :rolleyes:

I wonder if i'll have trouble free motoring with my new 200 like I've had with my Golf.

GTD, Lupo
Hah nice posting!! Run in stage is 625 miles trying to keep it under 3.5k revs. The engine would have already been run in on a test bed but its to bed in the brakes/ gearbox and other crap that would not have been tested.

Chill out a little, try to remember its only a clio at the end of the day.

Paul

Clio 1.2 Extreme
mine wud have easy beaten urs! it was 135 bhp !! it was rapid! anyway ive grown up now ive got a clio 200 and a rs focus so wateva one will beat ur s**t golf gti

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
mine wud have easy beaten urs! it was 135 bhp !! it was rapid! anyway ive grown up now ive got a clio 200 and a rs focus so wateva one will beat ur s**t golf gti

:D

My Golf is so crappy. You spent 14k on a car that will be worth 14pence by next July.

LY R26

With the way you are getting on mate it seems like you need to grow up. You can't just come on to the forum and **** someones car off and expect everyone to take a liking to you just cos uve got a 200. Dont say peoples cars are s**t and they wont think your a mouthy idiot. rant over :rasp:

RS200
i was going to comment on the purchase of a great car and ask how it is but u seem like a bit of an immature person that isnt going to last 2 mins the way ur going on

LY 200
i was going to comment on the purchase of a great car and ask how it is but u seem like a bit of an immature person that isnt going to last 2 mins the way ur going on

Hey up mate, how are you?

Did you order the Recaro's then?

RS200
hey mate i thought i,d add my opinion to this joke of a thread. lol
Yeah bit of a lond story, i rang up and asked to add them to the list and he told me to ring back on monday.
After thinking it through i decided not to ring back and just keep the normal seats but next day i receive a letter with the recaros added to my options list.
But hey im glad ive got them now i,ll just have to do some overtime at work :cool:

suppose in life you get all sorts of people! Works for Renault and asking a question that really he should know the answer to...just don't get where he's coming from.

I quite like golf gti's...I think they look pretty good (much better than the 200 ;) ). Also, they have been around forever...not bad for a 'sh*te car'!!!

RS200
suppose in life you get all sorts of people! Works for Renault and asking a question that really he should know the answer to...just don't get where he's coming from.

I quite like golf gti's...I think they look pretty good (much better than the 200 ;) ). Also, they have been around forever...not bad for a 'sh*te car'!!!

Renaults and VWs have always been the best hot hatches imo

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Nothing new TBH..

Most Renualt salesmen i've meet in the past have been hopeless, and seem to know little or nothing about the cars they're selling.

LY 200
hey mate i thought i,d add my opinion to this joke of a thread. lol
Yeah bit of a lond story, i rang up and asked to add them to the list and he told me to ring back on monday.
After thinking it through i decided not to ring back and just keep the normal seats but next day i receive a letter with the recaros added to my options list.
But hey im glad ive got them now i,ll just have to do some overtime at work :cool:

Lol.

Im sure they'll be worth it.

If you don't like them after a while, i'll swap you my seats. ;)

Tav

Clio 197
Why would you have a Focus RS and a Clio 200...surely one or the other would be enough?

I know tomorrow I am going to buy another practical fast hatch back...can't have enough practicality!