ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio owner

Just purchased a 172 in black first impressions are good

what do you think?

12B071F4-3BB5-459A-8331-0A6DAB6468F7.jpg

00BA336C-EE43-4D64-A702-FF169045BE24.jpg

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome mate, looks tidy

Presuming previous owner was on here due to the little touches done to it already

Yeah I believe so a lot of cliosport merchandise... Now I just need to sort a few niggles...

1. Exhaust rattling, think it's hitting the rear axle.
2. Re laquer the carbon badge on the rear.

is anyone close to Mansfield who perhaps fancies having a second look over?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That looks immaculate tbf. How do you find it in comparison to the saxo?
And if you dont mind me asking what sort of money you paid for it?

They compare quite well to be honest... The saxo would take the clio at the lights but I think the clio would be quick to catch up. The clio is a lot nicer place to be where as the saxo doesn't have any manors at all and doesn't apologise in any way for it. Over all though I prefer the Clio.... Just.... I think.... Maybe.... Price ;-)

Clio 172
Welcome to the forum! I just took on a 172 last night as well! :) had a saxo VTS and a couple of S1 106 rallyes! Clio is by far the most refined!

Hope you enjoy the car.

jack

Well turning this into a type of build and progress thread:

So The only issue I could see/hear when I purchased the car was what I thought was the exhaust knocking and the seller was very up front about this so I went ahead with the purchase.

I then did a little research on here and thought the symptoms sounded more Engine mount related so got her booked in at a local mechanic who knows an awful lot about Clios it seems (New Lane Motors, Sutton in Ash) as he has 3 at the moment and apparently a container where who could make at least another complete car lol... Anyway so he looked around and was not happy about the amount of movement in the engine straight away, proceeded to take the battery off and gave it another shake and the whole engine mount just wobbled... Booked it in to be changed ASAP and picked her up yesterday::: This is what he showed me... Wonder why it was knocking so badly.... He said I was so lucky that it did not totally fail on me as you can see in the picture there must only 5mm of metal holding it together....

D0E29B5C-A1A9-4039-840D-5936A0002938.jpg

758C5CEB-4BFE-4C6C-8119-F2A12DF29487.jpg

B429CB75-E014-4D7A-8C7C-4A41F68C3092.jpg

Last edited: