ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio V6>?

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
So if Renault want to keep the Megane Sport as the flagship... Renaultsport Megane V6 Twin turbo! The shape actually lends itself really well to having the rear arched widened and the vents put in. I can see it now. That's put the sh*ts up evo drivers. Until you come to a corner.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
To be honest mate as long as Mitsi are still producing Evo's, megaines wont even come into the same sentance. For every 220-230-240bhp whatever megane they make, Mitsubishi will make somthing bigger, better ,stronger, faster!

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
My mechanic had an FQ-300 in for sale for a while and he hated it. Said that even when it was just idling you could see then fuel needle dropping like it had a lead weight attatched to the end... It's one thing building a car that handles well and goes fast because it's being steered by computers and does 9mpg on a charge. It's another thing building a car that has challenging but fun on-the-limit handling and a gorgeous rear mounted V6. I know where my money would go anyway.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well the thing about it is, when your buying a 300bhp+ car your not worrying about putting petrol in it regardless what the petrol prices are doing, He must have know being a mechanic of all people what the consumption would have been like.

If fuel consumption is a concern over owning a car then why the hell would you buy a 300bhp car that needs serviced every 5k?

He should have bought a Focus Diesel.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Hehe, you make a good point. I guess it's just somthing that's high on my list of priorities with the miles we do... I'm aiming for more torque than high power with the 172. Got lots of research to do!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I know what you mean, its easy to see how badly Turbocharged cars fuel goes, and to be perfectly honest im only 21 im quite happy with what i have, how fast is too fast? lol

12 points isnt enough to accomodate 300bhp lol

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Not meaning to sound like an old man, but where can you use 300bhp? It's daft amounts of power. Most 300bhp+ cars can do 70 / 80 mph in second. So what's the point in the remaining 3 / 4 gears? "Economy"?

Don't get me worng, I love powerful cars soooooooooooo much. But I love cars with a sweet handling / power balance even more - Hellooooooooo 172 :cool:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Track days, drag strips etc.

Many a car have been pushed out the gates of knockhill after it "accidentally" crashed right out side the gates...

so many times do you see that!

a burnt one
Hehe, you make a good point. I guess it's just somthing that's high on my list of priorities with the miles we do... I'm aiming for more torque than high power with the 172. Got lots of research to do!

Like me then, a golf gt tdi has more torque than a porsche boxter s, a clio v6, or even an impreza turbo, and most people know that torque makes the wheels go round, plus you'l get 50mpg on the mororway.

I must be getting old, as i also cant see the point in 300bhp when in reality a car with that much power only uses that much bhp when its at maximum revs, and on a daily drive, i dont think i ever do, you could try using it all the way through the gears and possibly end up wheelspinning all the way to 70mph but wheres the fun in that?

Anyone seen the top gear and with an evo 8 and fiat stilo? travelling along at 40mph in 5th gear on the runway when they both put the foot down the evo couldnt catch it due to turbo lag, wheres the fun in that? too much hassle trying to get the power out of it me thinks, and like the earlier post said, whats the point in a 4th and 5th gear other than fuel consumption, and whats the point in worrying about that when youve wasted half a tank getting into 5th gear.

Diesels ftw

I’d love to think they would, even a one off concept would be nice a la the Golf GTI W12 650, but alas I don’t ever think they’ll be in a position to do so again.

R2TR

VAG wanted to make and sell that if it was liked by the press, it wasnt because it couldnt go round corners