ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new clutch being fitted on my 172

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
The clutch finally gave up on my ph1 clio sport last week and i have been waiting for the new one to arrive and here it is
its 30% uprated springs and cerametalic plates only cost £200 and i even get a 4 year warranty aswell

i'll let you know how good it is on friday when i fetch it back

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
sorry forgot to mention this was just the clutch price
its £185 extra for fitting

IMG_0014.gif

Looks very uncerametalic to me too Fred..... and rather like someones taken a can of gold spray paint to the pressure plate!

Cheers
M

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
cheers guys
just rang the company and they didnt put the cerametallic plates on (must have forgotten) yeah right, they sent one with kevlar plates by mistake

refund on its way :)

340i
oohhh oooo...

How much time/difficultly whilst doing the clutch change, is it to change the release bearing aswell?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
taking the clutch back tomorrow for them to look at and getting my money back,
fookin monkeys tryin to do me out of money
spoke to them and there now telling me its "sport kevlar"
(i dont think so)

i'll let you know what the next excuse is

Lionel Richie
what make is it? thats not a standard pressure plate anyway

AFAIK the only 2 organic type grp N clutches that exist for the car are made by Helix or Valeo (Black diamond do one, but i've never tried their clutches)

Paddle clutches are available from Helix, Alcon and again Valeo (i think they do one) or quarter master

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
he said the manufacturers made them to order, thats why i wanted an uprated clutch with cerametallic plates
not sure on the name as the clutch is in the garrage with the car
i'll look tomorrow and let you know but i'm sure the box was unbranded

Clutchnet will also manufacture a clutch to any spec you want. They are OEM for the Clio Cup although we actually run one of their friction plates with someone elses friction material in 24 hour spec.

Cheers
M

Lionel Richie
i was on about the old ones, i would've thought they would've carried the supplier over, the old ones started off on alcon but they had problems with them failing so changed to helix IIRC

215mm clutch still?