ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clutch

i am away to replace my gearbox with a new one with a gripper diff & lower final drive, if I do need a new clutch which one do you guys recommend? Its a mk2 172 cup, catcams (438) will be mapped with a stand alone ecu, de cat miltek & has a pipercross air filter. May go down the route of either rs2 inlet or throttle bodies in the future.

I believe in supporting the forum traders but there is a £13 delivered price difference to be considered!!!

Well to be honest thats a fair saving of 13%, even without the discount code they are cheaper than the forum trader, who you would of hoped to be unbeatable. Ok its only £13 but in this current climate & time of year it all helps.

53 Clio's & counting
Thanks for the kind words all! it's really appreciated!

At the end of the day, its a tough market out there and I can appreciate people need to save money.

But just remember the more you use forum traders, the more chance of us getting better deals with suppliers - this of course then means you can get items cheaper through us than other places - of course we may not be able to get the best prices every time, but it's swings and roundabouts - by spending that extra £10 and buying from us, this may mean when you come to buy another product, we are able to offer than product a lot cheaper, therefor getting your £10 back from your clutch back and more. Take me for example, I get a lot of products from one supplier - the more I buy, the better terms I can negotiate - which in turn means I can pass the savings onto the people who I support (Such as CS) - so although you may loose a bit on one product, you could gain a lot on the next thing you need as I may also get that through the same supplier if that makes sense?

This in turn means we can do more for you (Such as selling the RS2 manifold - watch this space!) :)

Anyhoo back on topic - I would also suggest a standard Valeo clutch should be fine, they do cope very well with power and usually can take up to circa 240bhp/250lb ft of torque if you're careful!

So for your requirements you should be perfectly fine