ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New daily - Mk4 dCi

Well I traded in my Megane for a new Clio dCi Dynamique S MediaNav in pearl black.

I genuinely believe Renault have gone back to the whole character of the Clio, back in the Papa and Nicole days. Stylings a bit marmite for some but works for me :)

Brilliant little cars and the kit level is fantastic. This will be used during the week mainly for work and still got the ph1 172 for the weekends :)

Only picked it up today so I've only got two I-fail pictures the now and it was dark, but comments welcome.

Cheers,
Al

082_zpsc131cd9d.jpg

083_zpse58b4eaf.jpg

That would look brilliant lowered. Nice colour mate - not a fan of any of the wheels on offer on these though. :dapprove:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
black makes the front end a dam sight better to look at, the f**k off massive front grill/ badge assembly don't stick out as much

Suzuki Jimny
I had one of these as a courtesy car, actually really liked it. Although the gloss black interior trim was terrible for fingerprints. Yours looks good.

Arctic 182FF
These are definitely growing on me. I think this is the best non-sport I've seen so far, the wheels suit the car and colour, I think it works quite well. Looking forward to seeing how these look after people have modded them a bit.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Good cars aren't they. We've had ours 6 months, still enjoying it, and the zero road tax & av 63 mpg :)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Very nice mate!

i don't feel it suits the red it's advertised in and the colour I see the most

Yaris Hybrid
I really love the look of these new Clio's. I hated the previous shape and figured if I am going to have a sh*t looking car I might as well have a reliable sh*t looking car and moved to Toyota.

But I see myself moving back to a Clio for my next car.

Would love that DCi but not sure I want to stretch to it and might just go for that small petrol turbo jobby. I only do 5k a year in a car these days so the diesel wouldn't make sense.

Oh yeah and back when I had a Clio they were common as muck. Now I hardly see any around my way. Today was the first time I ever saw a new shape Clio in the flesh as I was driving to work. Back in the 00's every other sodding car was a Clio.

I really love the look of these new Clio's. I hated the previous shape and figured if I am going to have a sh*t looking car I might as well have a reliable sh*t looking car and moved to Toyota.

But I see myself moving back to a Clio for my next car.

Would love that DCi but not sure I want to stretch to it and might just go for that small petrol turbo jobby. I only do 5k a year in a car these days so the diesel wouldn't make sense.

Oh yeah and back when I had a Clio they were common as muck. Now I hardly see any around my way. Today was the first time I ever saw a new shape Clio in the flesh as I was driving to work. Back in the 00's every other sodding car was a Clio.

I had a go in both the dCi and the 0.9 TCE. Both are very similar around town but the dCi is more competent on the motorway - just depends on the type of driving you do the most I guess and mileage. Both engines cost pennies to run, 62mpg in the dCi is achieved by just driving normally!

Yaris Hybrid
I once had a DCI 90 or something as a courtesy car back in 2004 and it was amazing. Coming out of T Junctions it pulled better than my 182. It didn't get any quicker as the revs rose though but that didn't matter because you had the power where you needed it. Perhaps one of the nicest cars I ever drove just in terms of regular driving. Almost gutted when my 182 was fixed and I swapped it back.

I'd love something like that but yeah with my mileage I just can't justify it.

So does that small turbo petrol thingy pull in a similar way to the diesel? How does it compare on fuel consumption? I don't trust Renaults numbers.

I once had a DCI 90 or something as a courtesy car back in 2004 and it was amazing. Coming out of T Junctions it pulled better than my 182. It didn't get any quicker as the revs rose though but that didn't matter because you had the power where you needed it. Perhaps one of the nicest cars I ever drove just in terms of regular driving. Almost gutted when my 182 was fixed and I swapped it back.

I'd love something like that but yeah with my mileage I just can't justify it.

So does that small turbo petrol thingy pull in a similar way to the diesel? How does it compare on fuel consumption? I don't trust Renaults numbers.

The 0.9 sounds a lot more weedier that the diesel but has ample power around towns etc. Turbo kicks in higher up the rev range than the diesel so not just as sharp pulling away. I didn't take it on any motorways but I think it might be slightly underwhelming. Heaps better than the ancient 1.2 16v they still offer though. I'm not too sure on fuel consumption, I average 62mpg in the dCi 90 with 17ins alloys. I'd imagine the TCE to be slightly less.