ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New disks and pads

M135i
Im starting my engine converstion from a 1.2 to 182 in april so going to start looking at buying the parts that i need now and in need for some disks and pads, i think atm it will just be for everyday driving.

Been looking on k tec and saw these on offer atm, just wondering what there like and if there was anything else out on the market worth looking at.

Btw looking at the Ferodo DS2500 package

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2787

Blue Clio Cup
Just fitted brembo hc discs and 2500 pads to my cup...bought after reading a lot of info on here and supplied along with braided lines by K-tec (Excellent service)

massive improvement...really tranformed an already fantastic car.

Bedding them was a bit dodgy in the snow though...:D

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Im starting my engine converstion from a 1.2 to 182 in april so going to start looking at buying the parts that i need now and in need for some disks and pads, i think atm it will just be for everyday driving.

Been looking on k tec and saw these on offer atm, just wondering what there like and if there was anything else out on the market worth looking at.

Btw looking at the Ferodo DS2500 package

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2787

Are you goin the whole hog and fitting sport hubs etc?

because you can run the 1.2 running gear with the F4R, which will be cheaper on some parts.

M135i
Are you goin the whole hog and fitting sport hubs etc?

because you can run the 1.2 running gear with the F4R, which will be cheaper on some parts.

Yeh think im going the full hog mate, change the whole front end to sport parts .

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Sounds good,

if you do need anyparts pm steve79, he can get you anything because he breaks clio alot, thats were i got my engine etc from and theve been spot on, because iv done the same as your planning on doing

M135i
theres only a couple of bits that i have left to get, i still need new brakes/pads (hence this thread), and new clutch (wheres best to get one from ?) ive been told to get a brand new clutch rather than second hand.

Ive got the engine already which is out the car atm so im gna get the belts changed whilst its out and just do little bits and pieces like that.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
awesome, you can get a clutch from Eurocarparts, they are preety decent with price & delivery