ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new engine,

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
i have just sorted all my ice out so now looking to go for engine mods.
really want a new engine,
am going to leave my car standard as a 1.2 16v but throw a bigger lump into it
so it is a real surprise to bigger cars, was once in a evo and got left for dust buy a renault 5 gtt, met the fella at a garage nd he said he was pushing 350bhp and he can leave most big cars with 500hp for dust, thats the sort on performance im after,
i know it will cast s**t loads but am looking for just the engine to start the slowley build it up,

any ideas people.

cheers

ronny

80MPG BEEZA
i wudnt say 350bhp is out of the question if you think how the the r5's have been round, how long has the clio turbo been out? and thats already upto 302bhp? i'd say this time next year we'll have a clio at 350bhp

I didnt say it was out of the question either, 350bhp in turbo form is relatively low specific output.

But were already talking of gearbox problems on the other thread with 260bhp.

80MPG BEEZA
yea i think we shud aim for the cheapest gear box and the quickest way to change them that way we wont be fussed if they break and we can pump as much power into them as we want
i think k-tec will keep looking to develop what their doing because its the only way forward

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Why would you want a cheap gearbox? You'll break a cheap gearbox alot quicker than a decent gearbox and it'll end up costing more money than you think.

M2 Competition
DarthCake said:
Why would you want a cheap gearbox? You'll break a cheap gearbox alot quicker than a decent gearbox and it'll end up costing more money than you think.

Aye. And removing gearboxes aint fun.

Surely a decent really strong gearbox, with a slip diff and racing clutch is a better bet...

Get the power down better too.

80MPG BEEZA
yea but read ther other thread about gearboxes there so much more expensive and aint that guaranteed to withstand that much power and have to be rebuilt every couple of thousand miles!

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
i need it to beat and evo, that my main goal, my bro has just got a evoviii and he keeps telling me my clio is slow arse s**t, at the mo it is coz only a 1.2 but want somthing that would really show him up, hes pushing 400bhp

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
sound good, very good, just finding the money, wasnt expecting to pay that much, will phone the bank and couple of other places,
then need to try and sell mine, do you have any pics of yours matey

MERCEDES CLS AMG
TTCLIO.jpg

cliorebuild8001.jpg

inters7.jpg

strip3.jpg

cliorebuild6007.jpg

Car isnt street legal but can be made street legal - you could take the engine and box out and fit it in yours. Runs 3.9 0 - 60 mph.........196 mph top speed ( on a rr ) .....qtr mile 12.0 @ 122 mph without nitrous

134_3434.gif

80MPG BEEZA
wont have those stats unless he did all the chopping and weight skimping that you've done though matty, you not get any more power through that lump? and what r u planning on going onto next anyways? i here jet engines are coming down in price these days

80MPG BEEZA
i want something along the lines of a dodge charger but gf wont let me loose to get one grrr u never see big fat american muscles over here i cant seem to get away from the french! i even had peugeot scooters when i was 16! both were off the road more then on i pushed one off a cliff and sold the other after almost been knocked over by a transit pickup thing that "didnt see me"

p.s you have to much money can you sort me out an ecu holder and the bar it connects to? it dissapeared somewere getting the conversion so i'm trying to source another to buy

MERCEDES CLS AMG
ronny7787 said:
oh, well i dont really have use for the hole car mate,
would you fit a noral 172/182 engine?

Will supply you a 172 conversion kit for £1500 + vat - dont fit them no more sorry

80MPG BEEZA
everything you need to do the job! engine,gbox,ecu,drifeshaft,brakes,suspension,wiring loom just make sure you check the gbox oil

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
good stuff,
do you know any good places in kent that will fit it?
how much am i looking for the fitting to be done?

80MPG BEEZA
i dont know anywere in kent as i live in newcastle the garage that plonked the engine in charged me 600 but then it cost me about 600 to get it towed down to matt after vardies f*cked with me, matt coded it then i drove it him, 2 weeks later cost me another 400 quid for a new box and 250 quid to fit it

80MPG BEEZA
i've got the 2.0 172 lump in mine, it was a bit of work getting it done due to the immobiliser, then the gearbox went, i had a new one put in but it keeps chucking oil out of the breather and its been extended aswell and i need to replace 2 engine mounts now aswell, is a bit of a head ache but most days its fine and it flies! well doesnt come off the floor but its quick due to no air con/no airbags what so ever/and lighter parts like my bucket seats

80MPG BEEZA
if you find a place were you can trust to fit it/have them check make sure everything is the ecu/uch/keys/key barrel then check everything over engine/gbox, then yes u shud be able to get it dun for about 2.5k but if you dont want any hassle just sell up and buy a sport,
i dont regret doing mine coz in the end everything can be fixed just a question of time and skill, it puts a smile on my face everytime i put my foot down :)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
ronny7787 said:
any ideas people.

cheers

ronny

Save up and buy a better car. The R5 may well have left the EVO but at the end of the day he has a shitbox for a car and the other guy has a nice EVO

Clio 172 mk2
polarbert said:
Save up and buy a better car. The R5 may well have left the EVO but at the end of the day he has a sh*tbox for a car and the other guy has a nice EVO

Have to agree really...if it's that important to 'beat' most stuff on the road just buya motorbike.

A modified R5, Clio etc may be quicker than a boggo evo but at the end of the day it isn't one...the Lancer has all the 4wd and ayc gubbins and a rally bred heritage.