ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New exhaust system

Hi

Looking to change my standard cliosport 172 system for a full performance system. What is available for the cliosport 172 mkII?

Also does this mean that the car then has no cat. I understand that this needs to be put back on for the MOT (when it eventually needs one!) How much would this cost to put back on!

Also will I notice any further improvements with a full stainless steel systems as I have the car superchipped and K+Ned.

Cheers

Scott

Renault Laguna Coupe

The vast majority of performance exhausts run from the existing cat backwards - the Cat remains in place. You can remove it if you want (with a de-cat pipe), but on a 172 this is difficult as the ECU uses sensors in the cat to determine fuel / air mixture etc.

A decent exhaust will help your engine to breathe, so you should notice a little improvement. The main thing is that you get a lifetime guarantee with most replacement exhausts, so youll never have to spend any more money on it.

Oh, and they look & sound very nice! Look at k-tec racing and Magnex to start with.

dont bother taking off the cat on the mk2 172s...its more bother and worry than its worth, and itll be SUPER loud. the MK2 has twin labda sensors in the cat for comparison readings, and i dont think anybody has come up with a real way of fixing it so far, apart from suggested resistors which will just give typically lower readings.

systems are available from all sorts of places, but most people go for the Ktec or magnex system. Entirely up to you mate.

Cheers fellas, I beliveve K-tec are based in Dorset, so as I am based in Cheshire I will probably get a magnex. What sort of price do you expect to pay for a cat back system?