ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New front end, advice needed....

Clio 172
Im currently changing the gearbox on the clio and while I'm at it i was thinking this is the perfect time to change the suspension setup on the car.

When the car is going high speeds it feels a little bit floaty on the roads and doesnt fill me wit confidence so i have been trying to work out what the best thing to do with the front setup is.

I dont want to go all out and get coilovers, I dont want to change the look of the car either just get a solid setup that will take a good trashing.

I was thinking, solid top mounts and bracebar including rear, any ideas??

How about new springs all round??

How about new engine and gearbox mounts??

New dampers??

Thanks in advance :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
PMS top mounts with the brace bar.
Cup shocks and cooksport springs.
Ktec engine and upper gearbox mount, job done.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
New... No point in fitting used as you may as well just stick with what you have.

I'm pretty sure the new ones are not badly priced anyway.

Personally I'd go for a full front end refresh:

Cup Shocks
cooksport springs
Track rods and ends
Top mounts with revised spacer
Steering rack bushes
Wishbones
Inner and outer ARB Bushes

Is it worthwhile changing my cup shocks which are on 68k? Changing the springs anyway so no added effort really?

Personally I'd go for a full front end refresh:

Cup Shocks
cooksport springs
Track rods and ends
Top mounts with revised spacer
Steering rack bushes
Wishbones
Inner and outer ARB Bushes

This is all you need..!!! Powerflex rack bushes are half the price of the genuine items only around £21