ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new front speakers

Clio 1.2 dynamique
right i am in need of a set of front new speakers
from reading other posts ive come to realise that components are the best to get in a clio ( i dnt actually knw y but ye... )
i was looking to save up an purchase these...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INFINITY-KAPP...hZ014QQcategoryZ18800QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

but a friend of mine keeps on saying that i do not need to spend so much on new speakers and that the frequency response on them is rubbish
i dunno if hes talkin cack so i thought i wud ask the experts

btw i have this head unit
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-deh50ub-p-6359.html?cadid=bc56004e68431a9f448b21b50d4296e5

just incase u needed to knw

Ph1 172 + Combo van
they look pretty decent to me best thing to do is try and hear them working before you fork out ya money!

vaux cavalier
with regards freq response; depends on what freq's you require them to play, if you are using a sub, they are fine...if your simply using them full range off your headunit,(not advisable, but will cover that shortly), then they would be fine, but if using full range from an amp then they are less than perfect....(basically the amp would be feeding them more power at lower freq's than they were designed to play, this would eventually lead to coil damage), you could obviously high pass them, but imo they would then require a sub.....

with regards driving direct from your headunit;
the Infinity 'Kappa' range are all low impedence speakers designed to drag as much power out of the amp as possible,(they are 2ohm), i personaly wouldn't risk my headunit driving a low impedence.....(basically if you halve the impedence, you double the output as well as double the required power, this extra load creates more heat, more strain on the headunits already limited power supply, and of course increases the likelyhood of voltage drop)....

I'm assuming your simply using your headunit with no external amps or subs etc etc, so i would suggest you have a look at these;

Pioneer components

or these;

Renault direct replacement Pioneer components

hope this helps you decide......

just to add for the Audio experts, i do know about impedence rise associated with wiring and heat etc etc,(Harmon Kardon do also, thats why the JBL GTO 2ohm components are marked as 'Headunit compatable' and the 'Kappa' range isn't).....

Clio 1.2 dynamique
i will eventually be connecting a sub and amp but they proberbly wont come for another month or so as i've got to save up
so the pioneers will be fine 4 wat i need?
do u knw anywhere in the midlands where i can get them fitted aswel?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
do u knw anywhere in the midlands where i can get them fitted aswel?

depends how practical you are but i would have a go at doing them yourself if your on a budget. just have a look at some guides its not that hard.