ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New gearbox and the speedo drive won't fit.

172 Cup
The box is the same but the old speedo drive from my old box doesn't fit. There is a hole but it feels slightly different. It took me a canny while to fit the bastad so I'm reluctant to take it out. Any advice would be smashing.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Some 172 FF's dont have a speedo drive as the speedo reading is taken of the rear ABS sensor, so the casing is blank with no hole. Im thinking he has recieved a JC5 from another Renault

What other Renaults have them ?

And ah f**k it mate just leave it, and hook up a road angel

lol :)

At least it won't clock up miles ;)

172 Cup
Haha. I'm gona have a look tomorrow. I assume if I've got the wrong box it's gona have to be swapped. There's nothing I can do as the cup doesn't have an abs sensor, yeah?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Haha. I'm gona have a look tomorrow. I assume if I've got the wrong box it's gona have to be swapped. There's nothing I can do as the cup doesn't have an abs sensor, yeah?

You need a JC5 129 with an digital speedo sensor in the casing

172 Cup
Aye it's a JC5 130. I'm fuckin stupid me like and theres no way of gettin the speedo drive out of the 129 and putting it into the 130?

psh1 box still here ;)

Haha. I might be paying you a visit soon. Gona speak to the bloke who sold me it. See if he can swap it for the right one 1st.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Aye it's a JC5 130. I'm f**kin stupid me like and theres no way of gettin the speedo drive out of the 129 and putting it into the 130?

psh1 box still here ;)

Haha. I might be paying you a visit soon. Gona speak to the bloke who sold me it. See if he can swap it for the right one 1st.

no the trigger wheel is on the diff

MERCEDES CLS AMG
JC5 130 is for a 182

You sure the hole is a speedo drive hole and not for the reverse sensor.

Usually a JC5 130 doesnt have a speedo drive.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
These pics may help

00152747_1.png

01008445_1-2.png

MERCEDES CLS AMG
If you bring the gearbox to us we can machine the casing and fit a speedo drive. Big job though and you wont have any change from £125

172 Cup
It's definately a speed sensor. The hole is there on the casting of the 130 but it feels tighter and there isn't a plastic bit inside like the 129's.

172 Cup
I'll not be able to upload it till I get home. Spoke to the guy who got me it and he thought he was doing me a favour by giving me the newer gearbox. Luckily he's got a JC5 129 in so I'm gona whip the 130 now as I'll hopefully have the new one tomorrow.

172 Cup
Here's the hole. I'm gutted it was the wrong box. It was nearly a year younger than the old one.

JC5130.JPG