ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new gearbox next week..

well, Mr Reno finally decided to change me box !.

Going in next monday (again..) for a week, they are gonna strip it, inspect it, and let RUK decide on the next step. I have told them I aint bothered if they let Paul Danials cast a spell on it.. so long as it no longer baulks on 4-3 downshift...

It would be useful (imho !) for cliosport to keep a log of these replacements as having a simple database of problems may assist another owner in getting satisfaction.

Dont get me wrong here, Reno have been first class (with my non dealer sourced car lol).. seriously first class. But it would appear some are having issues and are lacking trust in their dealer. Being able to reference common problems may help.

Joe.

CTR EK9 turbo

I had a gearbox replaced under warranty through SMC Renault Woking, it took 2 and a half weeks for them to get a gearbox from FRANCE and then put it in! I wasnt very impressed.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

It took them 5 weeks for my gearbox...they told me that there were none in stock and had to be manufactured.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

hmm my 3 gearboxes went because of "porous casing?"

each took 3 weeks to be sent to ruk

My box crunches 2-3 gear when driven hard, sometimes 3rd wont slot in. Going to Renault tomorrow and my question is. Is my box bad enough to be replaced? I want a new one.

Lars

Captain - when will the car be off the road for the turbo conversion? Will the existing gbox handle the extra torque/power?

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by RPM on 16 October 2002

My box crunches 2-3 gear when driven hard, sometimes 3rd wont slot in. Going to Renault tomorrow and my question is. Is my box bad enough to be replaced? I want a new one.

Lars
of course it is, you have just spent a lot of money on a new car, it simply shouldnt do that, it should work fine

Lionel Richie

Cant Renault just say its your driving thats the problem, not the gbox???? BTW it took VW 24hrs to get my mum a replacement box for her polo16V!!!!!

CTR EK9 turbo

im suprised the gearbox broke on the VW! Mine crunched in 2nd, 3rd and when downshifting from 5th to 2nd for example even when going really slowly. It got worse too. They told me the selector was knackered, but replaced the whole gear box. I dont really understand, im only a muso....

My car is going in the 7th of nov. They said that they will take a testdrive to see if the gearbox is knackered. The crunching may be hard to reproduce so i am a bit worried. What to say if they think the gearbox is fine??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

tell them it aint we all know there are problems with that gearbox

Do what I did lol... instead of saying dont drive it any distance and logging the mileage etc... I said.. thrash the crap out of it and you will see, they did, and they did (see the issue)

;)

Lionel Richie

My mums polo weve had from new (R reg) done 23000miles (yeah i know, she only goes to the shops in it!!!) and the gearbox blew up!!!!!! £1500 for a new box!!!!!!!