ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New guy needs some gearbox info!!

clio sport 182 2006
Hi all, just regietered on here today, what a great forum. I currently live in Saudi Arabia and drive a 2006 clio 182, great little car indeed, unfortunately it's time for a new gearbox. Finding one out here is a challenge to say the least. Could anyone tell me the model/part no. for a 2006 182 gearbox? And finally, bit of a long shot but does anyone on here know the approx weight of the gearbox?( Looks like I will have to source one in UK and bring it here in hold luggage). Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Frank

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Im pretty certain the 182s use the same box as the 172s which is called the JC5,

as for weight its around 60kgs

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
wouldnt say 100%,

but theyve got the diff built in,

its a one person job to move them, but i doubt i could get one above my head!

possibly closer to 50kg's

but its definatley over 40!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
well theyre a cast aluminium casing casing full of steel shafts and gears!

31478d1294235980-clio-172-gearbox-jc5-129-p1020873.jpg

what did you expect ;)

106GTI / NovaC20LET
There must be someone in saudi that can rebuild gearboxes!? It will cost you a small fortune to buy and deliever one from uk.

clio sport 182 2006
outstanding response fellas, thanks very much indeed, aye I thought maybe 30-40kgs, I think I'll take it off myself and go from there. Yeah I'm sure someone somewhere out here rebuilds boxes but it's mostly big american cars or jap imports, no-one will touch a Renault although I have just discovered a renault dealer in Jeddah so if all else fails I'll bell them and take a deep breath! I will keep you posted on progress, thanks again. Frank

330i. E30 Touring.
35kgs, they weigh. JC5-130 i think is the 182 code, but any 172 or 182 'box will fit fine.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
sorry, my information was clearly off the mark :(

i'd take budgie's word over my estimate!!

clio sport 182 2006
35kgs?? Result. I can take that as hold luggage then, probably get some strange looks at security but better than paying through the nose for fed-ex/dhl. Still haven't had time to get under the clio, this weekend will mostly be spent under there. Must keep smiling