ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new guy to clio

peugeot rallye 1.3
hey guys!

I own a pug 1.3 rallye but its time to sell it and buy something newer but not to new(i like old cars).
Im thinking to buy the clio II 1.6 16v since i cant afford a 2.0L becouse of taxes and insurance.

Well im intresting to know if the clio will give me same fun as the 106.I found 106 supperior to most cars in the way it corner. I like the easy oversteer it provides
if you master it you can play a lot and since the clio suspension its totaly different from the 106 i want to know about it.

my pug setup right now is:

4 bilstein group N with 350mm lowering front/rear(eibach springs)
powerfrex bushes
stock 14" wheels with dunlop fast response(very good actualy)
stock 1.3 gearbox with 13:59 trans and short shift
full exaust
camshaft
peugeot sport chip(8k rpm)
and some other things!

also car its almost totaly striped with 2 seats and a dash(no speakers no radio etc)

i will be glad if you give me some info about what setups clios use to have a good handling and give a great fun like my pug does right now!

Passat
I love the Rallye.

If you're looking for a fun 1.6 what about a Fiesta Zetec S? I've never driven a Clio that wasn't a RenaultSport variant - I'm sure they're fun cars - but I know if I had to pick a fun 1.6 it'd be a purple ZS

peugeot rallye 1.3
Hey man!If it was for the engine only a honda civic vti or the toyota silvertop 20v into a starlet(good power to wheight ratio!) would look the best(for me at least)!
But i want to get again a french car!And that damn small clio II looks very good!
I think that clios 110hp are fine for me its almost like a stock 106 gti or a saxo vts(and they are almost same weight with clio) but im intresting about the suspension setups
some say put billies with eibach other say koni others some coilovers like gaz etc also i read somewhere that u can swap wishbones from clio williams but i dont have a clue whats going on and what is going to work best

peugeot rallye 1.3
you clio looks very clean!the bad thing is that i cant buy cars from other countries becouse of taxes the prices will be x2 or x3 if i import it and put plates on it :(