ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New guy with a modded 2014 Clio RS

2014 Clio RS EDC
Hello all,
I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Love the Clio RS to bits. Looking forward to more developments on the car!

So It was the final round of a local time attack event last weekend that we organized at Sepang, dubbed the TIMETOATTACK.

Needless to say, as owners of the event, the Clio's presence is highly expected. Spoke to a few partners and managed to mobilize some key Mods and was installed within a span of last week.

- Racechip
- Yokohama AD08R 225 40 18
- Titan Suspension Coilovers
- Everco Race exhaust
- Snow Performance Water Meth (deactivated)
- TSW Rotary Forged Interlagos wheels 18x8
- Motorsport Playground for decals

Without further ado, here are some sneak peeks and video of my first outing with the car

DSC_1275.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

RED_7414.jpg

Clio-RS-first-outing-at-TIMETOATTACK-Photo-by-Hayashi86.com-timetoattack-tta-zerotohundred-zth-s.jpg

Project-CLIO-RS-looking-real-psyched-for-the-final-attack-at-Sepang-in-less-than-6-hrs-Huge-than.jpg

Video : 2 first hot laps at Sepang Circuit

Enjoy!

2014 Clio RS EDC
Optical: it's the RS Monitor feature in the Clio 200T that logs circuit driving and replays it for you when you plug the USB into your laptop. Very cool like the video above

2003 Clio 172
Not a fan of the yellow tinted headlights but other than that, that's a pretty cool looking car!

How is it on the track? Remapped gearbox ECU?

Clio 200T
Thanks all! Working on a custom reflash next and aiming for a hybrid turbine eventually

Mines already mapped too 231bhp/345nm on a standard engine and RS Tuning said they would have it back to stick a hybrid and other bits in it :) Tempted on the new year once I have the intercooler fitted.

2014 Clio RS EDC
La baguette, drives amazing on track, even on a long and wide one as Sepang. Chassis is amazing. Just need more set up on the new suspension. Not sure if there is a transmission map yet. But I heard it can be done

Stevo, very comforting to know it'll do those figures just with a custom map alone, can't wait what itll do with your coming Mods, update us please

182 Trophy nope, been here my whole life

Clio 4 RS 200 EDC
Mines already mapped too 231bhp/345nm on a standard engine and RS Tuning said they would have it back to stick a hybrid and other bits in it :) Tempted on the new year once I have the intercooler fitted.
Hi.
I have a clio 4 RS from 05.2013 and I want make a new mapping. The extreme limit of torque of the gearbox is 280 nm (I have that information from Getrag, the builder of the clio 4 RS gearbox). Renault mapped this one with a limit of torque of 240 nm for a better and longer life of the gearbox.
With a new mapping, the torque is betwen 300 to 350 nm and Getrag and Renault says "the gearbox will be broken with this excess of torque.

My clio has around 28'000 km, she run good on the track but with a little bit more power thats can be very nice.
I have the Inoxcar full tube catback and the K-Tech Racing air filter, the sound is very good and loud but I think the car is leaving a little bit of power between 2000 and 3000 rpm. I want make a remap for having a better rendering of the motor and a little bit more power but I am very afraid for my gearbox...
I don't want to have a broken gearbox or motor.
The gearbox is not covered by the guarantie, and it cost very very much.
And in the situation of a remap, the guarantie broke also.

So, I have many questions before making my remapping.

How many km have you driving with the remap ?
On the road or on track ?
Can you really see better performances ?
Is it the motor good ? No problems ? Suspect sounds ?

Thank you for your answer.

Sory for my English, I'm French and I have learn English at the school for only 2 years.

Clio 200T
Hi.
I have a clio 4 RS from 05.2013 and I want make a new mapping. The extreme limit of torque of the gearbox is 280 nm (I have that information from Getrag, the builder of the clio 4 RS gearbox). Renault mapped this one with a limit of torque of 240 nm for a better and longer life of the gearbox.
With a new mapping, the torque is betwen 300 to 350 nm and Getrag and Renault says "the gearbox will be broken with this excess of torque.

My clio has around 28'000 km, she run good on the track but with a little bit more power thats can be very nice.
I have the Inoxcar full tube catback and the K-Tech Racing air filter, the sound is very good and loud but I think the car is leaving a little bit of power between 2000 and 3000 rpm. I want make a remap for having a better rendering of the motor and a little bit more power but I am very afraid for my gearbox...

Sory for my English, I'm French and I have learn English at the school for only 2 years.

Hi mate.

Interesting info there. I've covered about 5000 miles (around 8000km) with the car mapped. I've driven it very hard a fair bit of the time since mapping and not had a problem. Hasn't been on track since it was mapped no but probably driven similar lol.

Performance increased massively, much quicker car now. Everything is the same as before with no problems at all.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate.

Interesting info there. I've covered about 5000 miles (around 8000km) with the car mapped. I've driven it very hard a fair bit of the time since mapping and not had a problem. Hasn't been on track since it was mapped no but probably driven similar lol.

Performance increased massively, much quicker car now. Everything is the same as before with no problems at all.

Chances are it'll be ok. I'd just be careful about using launch control that's all.

2014 Clio RS EDC
Hi.

Hi speed master
Is it really true that the gearbox can only handle 240nm? That's the stock Torque figure. Did getrag say it'll break the Gearset or something more simple like clutch slip?

Can we have more information on this?

On another note, how different is the golf's box compared to this and what might be the torque limits on this box?

Thanks!

2014 Clio RS EDC
on a separate note, does anyone know what's the max operating oil temp for the EDC? I'm seeing 97celcius on a typical hill run. I wonder if that's optimum?

Clio 4 RS 200 EDC
Hi speed master
Is it really true that the gearbox can only handle 240nm? That's the stock Torque figure. Did getrag say it'll break the Gearset or something more simple like clutch slip?

Can we have more information on this?

On another note, how different is the golf's box compared to this and what might be the torque limits on this box?

Thanks!
The normal maximum of torque that the gearbox can handle is 240nm, the extreme limit of torque is 280nm, than the clutch can slip and the gearbox can be broken.
The EDC is a dry double clutch. The clutch is not in oil, all is dry and that probably cause this limit of torque.
I think the DSG is a wet double clutch and it can handle more torque. The gearbox is oversized on the german cars.
A german car cost also so much money than a Clio.
Renault is spending money with the gearbox on the C4RS.
Getrag build another 6 EDC gearbox, a little bit more money, but this one can handle 450nm !
Why Renault doesn't put this better gearbox in our C4RS ?
That was possible, there is the place in the motor compartment for mouting this one, it's just a little bit bigger than the origins but that can be do.
Sadev makes also very goods gearboxes, why Renault search everytime to spend money ?

Clio 4 RS 200 EDC
For the operating temp I can't answer you for the moment, I don't have the R-link and the RS monitor and I can't see that. I am watching to buy an OBDII bluetooth adapter to view that with my android smartphone.

2014 Clio RS EDC
Hi speedmaster thanks
Then we better be wary as more mods are put in

Your RS monitor is not working?

Clio 4 RS 200 EDC
Hi speedmaster thanks
Then we better be wary as more mods are put in

Your RS monitor is not working?
I don't have the RS monitor and the R-link.
When I bought my clio in 05.2013 Renault had big problems with the RS monitor (some incompatibility with the GPS and the RS monitor) and if I wanted this, I must waiting for minimum 6 months to have it. So I choose to don't take the RS monitor and the R-link for having my car quickly. All the first clio solded from the behind to 10.2013 were without RS monitor in europe.

Clio 4 RS 200 EDC
I have founded some news about the EDC.
Renault doesn't take the original getrag gearbox, they have modified it to handle max 300nm. This is the real maximum limit of torque of the gearbox, if more torque is applied to this, the clutch will slip very fast and can be brake. The gears in the box can also brake. But I'm very happy with this news. I seriously wan't to see for a remap for this summer, but I wan't limit the remap to 300nm and 230-240cv. Some remapers remap the c4rs with 256cv and 312nm but they are crazy and the life of their motors will be seriously affected...
Here is the link (in French, sorry) of the article: http://www.fiches-auto.fr/articles-auto/boites-automatiques/s-1026-edc-de-renault.php