ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New head unit

Clio 172 Mk2

Hi all,

I havent fitted a headunit in a car before, but I can imagine it will be easy.

If i get another headunit, would it be compatible with the CD changer under the seat? and also would I still get the track information on the digital display on the dash (where the temp meter is)

ta

Lee

BMW M2C

The existing Renault (Alpine)Autochanger will only work with a Renult head unit.

You can get an Adaptor to allow the dash display and steering controls to work with a new head unit on most Clios except some of the more recent 05 cars.

Its really easy to do.

Clio 172 Mk2

thanks for the reply

Do you know where I can get the adapter? whats it called?

Can you recomend any decent headunits that I wont have problems with? I quite like Pioneer and Alpine

ta

Lee, did you get a stalk adaptor for your new head unit in your Trophy.

Im looking at the Denison Ice Link with the OEM Head Unit but want dashboard display and stalk control and I keep reading that the 05 cars are a problem....is this so for the Trophy or do I just need the TunerList Denison Part?

Thx

Quote: Originally posted by FishThrower on 08 August 2005

Do you know where I can get the adapter? whats it called?

Can you recomend any decent headunits that I wont have problems with? I quite like Pioneer and Alpine

right, any good ICE dealer will be able to source the stalk interface loom, just ask them, usually comes in 2 separate looms

you cannot go wrong with alpine or pioneer, stick with whichever unit appeals to you the most and youll be happy

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

If you want great sound, go for Nakamichi CD400 half price in Halfords. May need to check look of it though as its old skool. Great sound and no flashy lights