ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Headlights

David27

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Last question for today, any suggestions for best source for new headlights or alternatively for someone who can polish back existing headlights to as new?

Thanks

Dave

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
I just bought some new Hella headlights from Ebay, think they were a touch over £100 with a discount, (for a 172 cup). My thinking was I don't know how long Hella original items will be available for so thought I'd buy a set whilst I can and still keep the originals which I'll clean up and polish.

I was sick of polishing mine and then a few months later having to do it again so have gone for a new set.

David27

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm still looking for replacement headlights :unsure:, are the halogen headlight units different to the Xenon units or are they interchangeable?
Thanks

Clio RS200,Impreza
Hello ,
I just had my ones machine polished on my 62 plate RS200 and on my scooby. It does makes a difference but they seem to de laminate on the inside. Is there any solution to that problem ? I have a sad little Citroen C1 that i use as my daily and it is going exactly the same way.........polish all you want , it is also the inside that seems to deteriorate .
Are new ones the only option?

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
I found that once you've cleaned the lights up you can then sprayed with UV resistant clear coat which gives the lights some added protection.

I used the Megiuars heavy cut and worked my way through the grits till I got to 2000. Then clear coated them and they looked great on my E46.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know how the Autodoc lights compare in quality with the Hella ones on eBay? are the Hella OEM?

I got some Delphi ones years ago, but the coating on them started to lift after a few years. Looked good though.

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
I've not had any for the clio but I've had some for other projects and always been on par. I did keep an eye on which brand I was buying off Autodoc though.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Hella are OEM, you’ll notice the little hella logo on the bottom of the lights if yours are original.
I struggled to find brand new hella grey insert xenon’s, but managed to get the only drivers side one I could find.
Assuming you’re after halogens?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I bought some Abakus ones that haven't arrived yet. They're Xenon ones hopefully quality will be okay.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
AFAIK, they're still available direct from Renault. Or they were last year.
My 182 was in the bodyshop last year for a front end repair and he sourced a brand new offside xenon headlight from Renault in France.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
As far as I can make out they’re for LHD cars, or am I missing something 🤔🤔
There's a little lever on the inside of the unit, on the xenons at least, that just needs flipping to the other setting when you get them to put them to a RHD pattern I believe.

David27

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
There's a little lever on the inside of the unit, on the xenons at least, that just needs flipping to the other setting when you get them to put them to a RHD pattern I believe.
That's interesting, I'll take a look - many thanks.