ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here and looking for a Clio!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Good morning!

First post here so best to introduce myself first, I'm Mike, from Holland but at the moment I live in Wales.

Been looking to go to track days for a while but don't want to risk my current car with no prior track experience so got the idea of getting a "dedicated" track car.

Sold my Nissan 350Z last March so the obvious choice was an MX5 as both me and my wife loved a convertible again and they're supposed to be quite good on track with some mods. Problem is I'm 6"6' and no way I will fit in one!

I started looking for a BMW Z4, but I fear they will get quite expensive to track and I didn't want such a heavy car anymore.

Enter the Clio! Always liked them and although no convertible, they're apparently quite capable on track, prices have come down and there's lots of options if you want to convert it to a proper track car.

We'll both drive it and we'd like to have/keep airconditioning and cruise control, so I think my best option at the moment will be to look for a Clio 182 (full fat?).

First question, sat in a standard 1.2 8V yesterday and had plenty of headroom with the seats in the lowest position, I know there's always the option to go for bucket seat but any insight in how the seat position compares between a 1.2 8v and a 182?

Any info or advice is welcome, I'm looking forward to my first Clio experience!

Land Rover
What’s your budget? Mine’s not actually for sale but l would let it go to a fellow enthusiast
It’s a FF 182 and in pretty much as good condition as you’ll get.
I just spent £2,100 on a rebuilt gearbox, new clutch, cam belt, water pump, and aircon service with new condenser.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
We're still thinking about it really, is it all original or already modified? Full fat would be what we'd prefer but not sure if we'd like to get something cheap and do the work ourselves, get something like yours or get a track ready one! I might be interested though, have you got an indication of your location?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Ah Stockport I see now, that's not far at all. I'd like to come see it if that's OK, that's around the corner for me! I'll send you a pm.