ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new here, be gentle

octavia vRS TFSI
guys and girls

The names Sy.

Im on the market for a clio to use as a track toy, and the odd spirited drive on public roads.

Currently driving a Skoda Octavia vRS. with plently of mods.

Stats.

Shark performance custom remap(with the option of switching between standard, stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3 remaps as i please:cool:)
autotech high pressure fuel pump internals
3" turbo back exhaust system
ITG maxogen TFSI intake
BSH PCV stage 2 catch can

Zero sixty discs, Hawk HP+ pads, + motul super dot 4 fluid

AP coilovers
Eibach front and rear anti roll bars
Whiteline anti lift kit

Shes a great motor, and has amassed over 50 laps of the nurburgring witout a hickup. Especially love the possibility of shifting between my remaps, either 240HP, 260 HP or 280HP(only possible becasue i have all the supporting mods though)

Well, why am i swapping?????

Most importantly the wife doesnt like the car to drive as its to quick for her, and a little to harsh for her liking since fitting all my mods.( i love it though) such a good all rounder. great on track, huge space and bloody quick.

Initial plan was to get rid, but an Impreza STI and tune that. we test drove one, i loved it, she hated it with a passion. I wsas slightly irratated so i said, well F*ck ya then, ill but two cars. a diesel estate for us, and il build myself a track car.........AND SHE SAID YES:cool:

So had a look about, dont want to sacrifice to much power, as im used to it, so i knew it had to be a lightweight, but it had to be cheap to run and repair, and it had to have alot of gear available on the market for mods, to ensure good value, and it had to be fun

Hence me being a memeber on here and on the market for a clio 172/182.

my plans when i get one are only basic engine wise for the minute. just a downpipe, air filter, matched inlets and remap. ill be happy to leave it at that until i complete the rest and then anything else will be the icing on the cake.

my main effort will be on the weight loss and handling section. I want the power to weight to be right up there where my car is now 280HP/1470Kg which is about 190Bhp/ton so i guess ill be needing 180HP/950Kg.

Will scope out the site for a couple months, choosing and tailoring my mods to get what i need, to ensure i only buy the best available. Kind of the opposite to how i modded my octavia. I went in the deep end and ended up changing suspension and remaps more than once to get it how i wanted it.

Anyway here some pics of my car

158_7322-1.gif

158_6411-1.gif

218_1900.jpg

218_1898.jpg

SDC10117.jpg

20090405touri0625.gif

223_43241.gif

nurburgring2009.gif

808_36571kkkk.gif

SDC10273.jpg

octavia vRS TFSI
I need to find someone with a prepped clio in the medway, kent area.

Preferably one that is stripped out, if not one that had suspension mods and remap etc. any people i should look into???

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Theres a members section mate where you can find who's in your area.

Welcome to CS.

octavia vRS TFSI
190/ton is my first aim, once i get that, ill enjoy it on track for a bit before some engine fettling.

i go to afghan the end of this year so i should hve a nice wedge saved up after that to up the power. Hmmm throttle bodies, supercharger or turbo.......

octavia vRS TFSI
Sounds like you're the real deal...
that just made me laugh. lol.

one thing im looking forward to is doing work myself. not really been keen to touch my car as it was new and i couldnt have it of road for a long time as it was my daily drive. So i always put it into a garage etc,

with the clio being a second car i can take my time and enjoy it doing the work myself.

octavia vRS TFSI
cheers pal. she is a great car, ill be sad to see her go. shes such a rounded car, it does everything so well.

the only problem is it was my man car so i couldnt go as far with it as i would have wanted.

Swift Sport
that just made me laugh. lol.

one thing im looking forward to is doing work myself. not really been keen to touch my car as it was new and i couldnt have it of road for a long time as it was my daily drive. So i always put it into a garage etc,

with the clio being a second car i can take my time and enjoy it doing the work myself.

I know what you mean mate, although mines still under warranty and I'm putting a cage in next week lol.