ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here!

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi guys, names Dave.

I'm 16, 17 in march, and looking into buying a Clio MK2 phase 1 1.4 16v Si.

I'll keep you all posted as I search.

Cheers.

Dave.

Clio 1.2 16v
Cheers buddy, thought I'd add a bit more as I was maybe a bit blunt in the first post.

I'm from Aberdeen, currently doing painting and refinishing level 2 at college, although looking for an apprenticeship as a mechanic.

Don't know what else to say, if anyones got any tips when it comes to buying clio's then give us a shout as I'm not too clued up on them..

Cheers

Dave.

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
Welcome!

When it comes to 1.4 16v makes sure the cambelt is done if it is due on age/mileage.

The price of getting one done, especially if it has air con, is not far off that of a sport!

Clio 1.2 16v
Alright, cheers for that, what mileage would they be due? Sorry I'm a painter I know bugger all about what goes on under the bonnet haha. :D

Integra Type R
Welcome, i'm new also but can give some advise!

Belt intervals are 5 years/72k, ARB bushes are bad for perishing, engine mounts particularly the dogbone are prone for wear, usually obvious signs of this (difficult gear chane, usually able to rock the engine excessivly also)
Check the bonnet catch & mechanism, i'm unaware if Renault still recall them but in the 3 years i worked for a Renault dealer i'd seen the same car in more than once for catch recalls.

Cant remember if the seat wiring was a problem on these or just the later ones (Causes the airbag light to stay illuminated) it's usually a 10/15 minute job to do the seat wiring repair.

Theres probably more but i've been off the tools full time for a wee while and it's been over a year since i worked for a Renault dealers.