ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Here

Clio 1.2 16v Sport
Well,

As a new Clio owner I thought i would come along and post up about me and the Mrs who have just bought a 1.2 Clio Sport i will post a few piccies below. We are from Stockport and this won't be our first French car but definitely our first Clio. :rasp:

This is the motor we have just bought, it has been in the family before us for quite some time as the previous owner and the one before that are the same address and i think they owned it for the best part of 8 years. Anyway, the goods...

media

media

media

media

media

media

Nice tidy looking car with only 53k GENUINE miles on it :eek:

All comments welcome. Just will probably become a member in the next month or so (payday looming) and hopefully some tasteful mods there after....

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's a lovely little motor, I could suggest a whole barage of subtle Renault mods you could do to it, but I'll let you browse a little first.

Great base to start on though already having fogs and the dual optic headlights.

Clio 1.2 16v Sport
Well i am open to ANYONE telling me cheap mods along with links. These mods would have to be SUB £100 for now until i can get a bit more cash together. Hence the low engine car, need something cheap to run. But this is a SEMI family car so anything would have to be subtle!!

Whats the suspension like on these for lowering? just fancy making a bit shorter lol

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Looks like a nice little starting point you've got there. I would colour code it, Clear side repeators, OZ f1 Alloys(over your budget though), eibach sportline springs to lower it. there are many other mods and a huge thread somewhere containing cheap mods, i will let you hunt it down!

Clio 1.2 16v Sport
Yea it is a nice car, i am used to more powerful motors but the Mrs wanted something smaller to run about in and this fit the bill. All MOT's and all service history with receipts so i am happy because the Mrs is happy lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
This is what I did to mine (pics aren't totally finished but they're when it was at an OK level)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ph2 rear bumper
Dual optic headlights (you have these)
Fog lights (you have these)
Colour coded sport spoiler
Full sport interior
Ph2 172 alloys
Lowered on 60mm Apex (I'd go for eibach)
Full haf leather ph1 sport interior (seats and door cards).

Clio 1.2 16v Sport
Was it easy to fit the Ph2 rear bumper, best place to get them on ebay?!?!? I really like the look of that so mine will be something similar TBH, can't be too much as the other half wants it to stay kinda standard!