ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New HU

Im after a new head unit for my car, want to spend about £300/400.
The car it is going in is a Clio Cup so I would rather not have an aluminum HU as I dont think it will go with the dash.
It needs to be preferably a Sony HU as the steering wheel remote will work with Sonys.
Any ideas?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Not really just remove the dash top and look behind the clock

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I know that Alpines are the dogs.. and sound top notch, but can they not hire somebody from sony to make them look a bit better.. personally when I buy a HU I want one that looks like its worth 500 quid, not like I just bought it out of the argos catalogue.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

?

What? alpine looking cheap?
nah mate maybe they do i havent really thought about

but fear not 2003/4 units will be hewn from metal

Although Im not a fan of Sony in car entertainment you could opt for an active black panel model. They have come right down in price since they were first released! Plus, it shouldnt look out of place with the rest of your interior.

I would recommened Pioneer to anyone. My 6300R is fantastic - Sounds good, looks good and has LOADS of features... Sound Stage feature is great!

Daz.

The 6400 is even better! I particularly like the ASL adjuster. The unit goes louder the faster that you are going as a result of road noise, etc. A very nifty little feature!

Yes. 6400 is basically the same as mine.. just a newer version. I think they have the same features basically, expect you have Dolphins again and I have eagles...

Pioneer make top class stuff. I havnt touched half of the stuff it can do!

Daz.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Ben_1uk on 08 February 2003

The 6400 is even better! I particularly like the ASL adjuster. The unit goes louder the faster that you are going as a result of road noise, etc. A very nifty little feature!
Thats what the standard 172 headunit does.. it works quite well aswell

i had to turn that feature off because id be stuck in trafic and set the volume to top without distorting, then you speed up the volume goes up and distorts.

just putting my new system in at the minute

based on

Alpine 7894 ( as pictures above)

Genesis 5 channel amp

DLS UR6S components

Alpine DDW F30A sub

stinger dream rcas

brown bread sound deadening