ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iMac.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Anyone buying one?

If so what spec?

What do you make of the changes?

I'm tempted lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I don't see the fascination tbh. To me the current gen is a better deal. It's now lost its status as an "all in one" with the loss of the drive.

Also, when you are looking at it as you'd use it, it ain't gonna look any different to the current gen.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I don't see the fascination tbh. To me the current gen is a better deal. It's now lost its status as an "all in one" with the loss of the drive.

Also, when you are looking at it as you'd use it, it ain't gonna look any different to the current gen.

TBH I agree, if/when I get one I'll probably need a cd drive too.

Also bugs me that you can't upgrade the ram in the 21.5" model, means to spec it up I'll need to pay apple tax on the additional ram.

I'd love a 27" but I honestly have no need for the additional screen estate.

133/225/CLS AMG
Well I went for the current/previous whatever you call it 27" iMac a few months back and I'm hugely impressed by it.

As for the new one, well the internal spec seems a reasonable upgrade as you'd expect. Plus, the thinner screen is a nice touch but there's just a couple of flaws for me.

The loss of the optical drive seems silly, it's meant to be a sleek all in one solution and now if you want to burn a CD/DVD or rip one you need an external drive. That doesn't seem very slick to me. Since owning mine I've ripped countless CDs and DVDs from my collection and will continue to do so, the lack of optical drive and increase in price seems silly to me. Even if they'd included a drive and made just that bit a little thicker it would have made more sense.

The other point which has already been mentioned is that the boast is that it's thinner and that's nice but as mentioned, once you're sat in front of it it makes no odds at all. Don't get me wrong it's impressive to think they can shrink it further but shame to sacrifice practicality for it. The previous model was a brilliant balance hence it caught my eye.

Other than those two points though, it's no doubt a very impressive machine. :)