ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New kid on the block

2003 MR2 Roadster
Hi everyone

I am new to the site so wanted to say hi. I bought a 53 plate 172 last week and cant wait to pick it up on Thursday. I am new to Renaults so could someone tell me what equipment it has as standard please. I took it for a test drive but was buzzing so much that I never looked at the equipment.
I thought that they all came with a CD multichanger as standard but the salesman advised not (it does have an Alpine CD tuner though so I can't complain really).

Looking forward to joining in the forums

Si

Black Ph1 172
Hi Si, I'm new to the forum too but have previously owned 172's. They come with loads of stuff! Xenon lights, Climate control, loads of airbags :D yummy leather interior, ESP, remote central locking, what kind of things did you mean?

If it's a 53 plate and one of the last batches on the production line it should have cruise control too like the 182 models. there should be a couple of button controls on the steering wheel if it does. I remember one of mine had it and I always had a lot of fun accelerating up slip roads using the "+" button :)

2003 MR2 Roadster
Cheers for the reply. Yes it has the buttons on the wheel so does that mean it has cruise control?..I am sure I will get a handbook and have 4 days off work to play with my new "toy". I read that they have automatic windscreen wipers - can this feature be switched off?
Does the traction control affect acceleration?

Thanks

Black Ph1 172
Yes it should mean that you have cruise control from what I remember anyway :)

I can't remember on the rain sensitivre wipers but it adjusts the intermittant(sp) time that they work for, I think there's a way to turn it off, like the automatic headlights, but I can't honestly remember but it will be in tha manual! :S :) :cool:

2003 MR2 Roadster
Thanks for the reply. Why did you get rid of the 172?..Any plans to buy another?
Also, what are they like for reliability/cost etc?..Mine has 28k on the clock on a 53 plate which I thought was low. I went to see 4 and they all had knackered alloys along with broken steering wheels that had been taped up!!

Suffice to say, it payed me to travel 70 miles to buy this one. I wanted to buy it and drive it home but unfortunately it did not have an MOT-so they are doing this for me before I return to settle the balance.

I am soo looking forward to my drive home - just hope I dont get a speeding ticket..

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Hi Si,

Welcome to Clisport, glad to see someone nearly local lol.

Have fun

Sy

2003 MR2 Roadster
Nice one, thanks for the welcome mate. I am sure to have lots of questions for existing/former owners of 172's so probabaly speak soon.

Cheers

Si