ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New laptop, need free Anti Virus ETC

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Help please, don't wanna spend ages looking around as my new comp has no protection on it, arg.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Free AVG, works well for me a a free one.

(which lappy u get in the end?)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So AVG free and Zone Alarm Free as the firewall good?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
See i've heard people say about this, i searcg for it and get loads of different results to what it actually is.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Avira is supposedly the best free anti virus program you can get. The only negative is that it has an advert pop up when it updates but apparently you can get around that.

I'm using a paid for kaspersky on my laptop.

SLK250 CDI
Avira is supposedly the best free anti virus program you can get. The only negative is that it has an advert pop up when it updates but apparently you can get around that.

I'm using a paid for kaspersky on my laptop.

I use Avira on all our PCs, it's really good. No bloatware, it's effective and as you say, in the free version just a little pop-up every 24hours when it updates the app.

RB 182
+1

AVG is now too much bloat ware and a resource hog. NOD32 is clean, reliable and does not flag so many false positives.

The last time I used AVG was a while ago and it didn't resolve a problem if it found one which is useless.

Been using ESET Smart Security (NOD32 with firewall etc) for a few years now and it works great and doesn't intrude what your doing every 5 minutes either.