ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new laptop - recommendations please!

Chav Rocket
Lent my laptop to a good friend and unfortunately he went and lost it! Bit careless but no data lost and he has no problems forking out the cash.
i now have approx £800 to spend on a netbook and not sure what to get. I already have a full sized laptop so its either a netbook or a macbook but i have no idea about mac books and whats good or not - can i get a decent one for £800?

opinions :)

thanks

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
macbook. I have one, its amazing. OSX makes Windows look like its drunk.

tiTTy & SV650
I bought an Acer Aspire 5536 for £305 ths week fecking bargain

AMD Turion dual core 2.1ghz
4GB RAM
250GB SATA HD
LED backlit screen
ATI Radeon Graphics

The finish is great, its silent when the fans not going mental and I've already ordered windows 7.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I bought an Acer Aspire 5536 for £305 ths week fecking bargain

AMD Turion dual core 2.1ghz
4GB RAM
250GB SATA HD
LED backlit screen
ATI Radeon Graphics

The finish is great, its silent when the fans not going mental and I've already ordered windows 7.

Just wait my friend. Just wait. I bought one of these, lasted 6 months before the hard drive packed up. Had to send it away to fix under warrenty (took nearly a month to get back!!) then the Ram died, oh and the CPU fan.

Acer's, steer clear. Its not just me, my brothers fell apart at the seems too! Oh YAY cheap with good specs nothing can go wrong there. Apart from the fact these "great specced" parts are made from cheese.

Also if you want value for money, its got to be the mac. These Windoze systems will be out dated within a couple of years. Mac's last forever. I have a Powermac built in 99 and it still runs the latest software etc. at full speed no problems. As for any Windoze computers from that era, well i wouldnt be suprised if there isnt any left tbh!

tiTTy & SV650
my last Acer lasted 6 years and the warranty service was used once at the start and was superb

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
How much did you pay for your Acer?

Edit: also depends what you do with your computer. Windows is easy to f**k up if your not very computer literate. A lot of my friends cant work out why there computer has x amount of virus' and running slow then i watch them downloading .exe files off limewire and downloading pointless software :)

Fiat Panda 100hp
Macbook if you want trouble free computing a acer / dell etc if you want to take the gamble.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Acer = s**te. End of.

and PC's don't just run windows you know ! My old job I had a linux 486 with 32mb ram running various services.. ran like a dream and had uptimes of over a year..