ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Laptop

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Im after a new laptop to replace the 2010 macbook I currently have which is now extremely slow and the rubber on the base is beginning to peel away.

Ill be using it for browsing the web, streaming videos, listing to music, and also for remote connection to work using the server. Budget is around £400 and I obviously want it to be as fast as possible, I dont really require a large hard drive as i have a NAS drive however i have spotted this one:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/lapto...9sa-15-6-laptop-white-10075548-pdt.html#cat-0

What are peoples thoughts regarding the above laptops specs etc? Or are there any alternatives that match my requirements better?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Not too bad. Worth plonking it on the short list.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd keep the MB tbh, it shouldn't be slow, mine is an early 2011 and is just as well performing as the day i got it. If you're getting a new laptop anyway I'd try a fresh install of Yosemite on it and see how that goes.

I presume you mean the rubber feet? I just glued one back on when it came loose.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Its not a Pro @jenic only the basic white unibody with 2gb ram and 250gb hard drive. Its not really up to much anymore and if i'm honest I feel like a change after having this nearly four and a half years.

Any suggestions @GiT ?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I just had a brief look - nothing really springs off the shelves at me. That HP has a good processor. CPUBench score is decent enough. 8GB Ram is a bonus too.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers @Lou i got the base replaced for free last night (checked the receipt and it should have been £49 part £24 labour!) Ive installed 8gb of ram this morning and it has instantly transformed the laptop into something much more usable!

I installed the SSD but the drive didnt appear to work so its going back to amazon, not sure i really need an SSD anymore with the response from the Ram.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
You need to change a few setting for the Mobo to see the SSD in Bios... ASCI I believe...