ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New LY owner

I almost never do self-intro posts, but wanted to make an exception as I have been delighted to discover ClioSport is still going strong. These days Facebook groups (a poor substitute for a proper forum) have mostly killed off sites like these, so it’s great to see this place is still active, populated with genuine enthusiasts and free of the nonsense that plagues most social-media nowadays.

I signed up to ClioSport in 2008 so it’s only taken me 12 years to buy my first Clio and start posting. At the time I was interested in a Trophy but ended up buying a Porsche 968 (at the time cheaper to buy than a Trophy - how times have changed). That was followed by an MX-5, a BMW E39 M5, Fiat Coupe, twin-turbo Subaru Legacy, various Imprezas and mostly recently a Lotus Evora S. So some fairly interesting metal but the desire for a RS hatch never went away.

The Evora was sold in January to make way for a Megane R26.R, which is every bit as good as the hype says but is quite a precious thing, so this gave the perfect excuse to start looking for a Clio to serve as a secondary toy. I started looking at Trophies and Cups but ended up with a heavily modified LY car with full cage, buckets, PMS shifter, ASTs and cams. The test drive sold me - what an absolute riot it is, noises on top of noises, just pure 100% unfiltered sensations. And it only weighs 960 kg (with a half tank) so despite being accustomed to some fast stuff I don’t feel short-changed in the performance department (and it's nice to be in an NA after a series of boosted cars). Only had a chance so far for one proper hoon, but as a B-road blaster this takes some beating. Not nearly as quick or as competent as the .R of course, but every bit as much fun.

I am enjoying browsing the wealth of knowledge on this forum and look forward to interacting with you all.

Clio 197,with megan'
Welcome, plenty of knowledge on here if you ever need help/advice.I had an R26R, lovely car, but sold as I was putting too many miles on it.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Welcome to the club, sounds like a nice motor, are you hoping to track it whenever we are allowed back to track? :) The spec sounds like its made for it!

Thanks. Might do the odd track day here and there but I'm mostly a road driver, as in "get up at the crack of dawn and finish before other people wake up" kind of driving. Also love a good road trip - planning to take the Clio to the top of Scotland this year if things have calmed down by then.