ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Macbook Air

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
4 fingers down, shows all your windows open. 4 fingers up (painful screams) and just shows the desktop.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Small screens are for paupers, I thought you were a high loller.

I have a 3" iPhone, a 9" iPad, an 11" ultra portal and a top of the range 17" workhorse, I think I've got it just about covered ;) oh and a 13" covk.......

197 FF Glacier White
I'm selling my Unibody MacBook soon to buy the new Air soon, it's a belter! I kind of wish I'd gone for the Air instead of the Mac Book in the first place!

G

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
An Air as your main computer? Really?

In my case main as it'll be used the most. Have a desktop which rarely gets switched on now as it is, tend to live on my netbook.

Got plenty of kit available at work if I need it to use.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sorry, I didn't mean that. I'd just be worried with an Air as my only Mac, seeing as it's only got modest main storage and it's not expandable, same with the RAM.

You'll be surprised how quickly you fill 128GB. Bear in mind that the OS takes up a 10GB footprint of that, plus all the pre-installed software on there.

If you have a lot of music, then that eats it up. Movies, even more so. I think I have 84GB on iTunes now, so if and when I get an Air, I'll have to cut that right back. Bit annoying IMO.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I think you can expand the main storage on the new 'Air?

I'm sure I read that over on Mac Rumours anyway ... someone was supposedly bringing out higher capacity drives.

dk

911 GTS Cab
wasn't there a drive which came out but apple shut it down and the company stopped selling it as they supply apple with other parts so they were afraid to lose all the business?

you can get the air with a 256gb drive though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Still not big enough for a main Mac for me. I'm filling 240GB of my 320GB MBP. So I can't change to an Air yet.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Still no pic of the MBA? Rabbish!

alright alright, calm down, i'm a busy man!

s**t photos as i am a pauper with a 3gs...

5393861478_6e8c5c8d52.jpg

5393263479_3d6bedbe5e.jpg

5393860810_4fa52f5d80.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Very smart. Is the anti-glare screen an option, as I notice you have the silver screen surround? I don't think I personally would opt for one over a MBP though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Very smart. Is the anti-glare screen an option, as I notice you have the silver screen surround? I don't think I personally would opt for one over a MBP though.

No anti glare screen, i prefer glossy screens anyway, silver surround is the only option.

Depends what you want it for really, I don't need a pro for an ultra portable, I need an ultra portable, at 1kg, this is perfect, when I replace my workhorse I will get a pro probably and fusion it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
No backlit goodness. :dapprove:

My only gripe with the look of the Air.

Lol, when I used a pro for the first time in some apple training I first found out how to turn that off asit was distracting me, so I'm glad it doesn't have it!

dk

911 GTS Cab
It would've been he first thing I'd have turned off so is a pointless extra cost or bulkiness to have it feature, I seriously don't give a f**k about it, it actually annoyed me

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It would've been he first thing I'd have turned off so is a pointless extra cost or bulkiness to have it feature, I seriously don't give a f**k about it, it actually annoyed me

Man, I hate having extra features that you can turn off if you don't want them. The extra weight those LED's add is also back-breaking; thankfully, I rarely carry it without aid of a Chinook.

dk

911 GTS Cab
For someone who wants them then it's an issue, I'm just saying its not for me as I hate them, I can hate them and not need them, I'm allowed you know ;)