ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new manifold and airbox at french car show

182 cup
just curious

is this the same/similar to angelworks failed attempt.

and no i'm not implying that it's been copied.

330i. E30 Touring.
just curious

is this the same/similar to angelworks failed attempt.

and no i'm not implying that it's been copied.

Varying forms of this style manifold are used on cars all over the place.

It's pretty similar to a CSL airbox. Also, someone mentions something about the Honda S2000 using a similar one.

This is the first one of this style in production for 1*2's, as far as I know.

182 cup
very interesting, i'd still like to see if it was possible to squeeze some more out of the setup using a gen90.

182 cup
here we go again:banghead:, why can't anyone make a comment on here without the regular few taking the opportunity to take a swing, i didn't say anything about the mapper, i just mentioned an ecu.

Lionel Richie
your implying an after market ecu will give more power than a stock mapped unit which isn't the case

£10K's worth of motec Vs a stock well mappped ecu will make zero difference, it'll just make your ego bigger down the pub

Clio 200 Cup
your implying an after market ecu will give more power than a stock mapped unit which isn't the case

£10K's worth of motec Vs a stock well mappped ecu will make zero difference, it'll just make your ego bigger down the pub

b****cks. A Motec has to worth at least 50bhp

182 cup

for gods sake man, so by your logic a pectel mapped by lets say Matt is below what you'd get from stock ecu.

could you please indicate at what point in this question i've implied your above statement.

i'd still like to see if it was possible to squeeze some more out of the setup using a gen90.

Last edited:
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
very interesting, i'd still like to see if it was possible to squeeze some more out of the setup using a gen90.

That statement give the impression that you think a gen90 may provide better results than a stock ecu?

The guys in this tread are saying it wont. Thats how I understand it!

DMS

A thirsty 172
That statement give the impression that you think a gen90 may provide better results than a stock ecu?

The guys in this tread are saying it wont. Thats how I understand it!

+1.

And don't forget the standard ECU can be remapped anyway.
Don't let this turn into an argument about who's the best mapper. We get enough of that already.

Peter, as I am sure you are aware an ECU controls a set of variables that allow the engine to develop more or less power. (In a nutshell). As we are implementing all of the OEM electronics/parts the ecu is right at home managing it all.

In this case you will get no performance benefit from fitting an aftermarket ecu as the standard unit is not only more than capable of handling the changes, it can also be remapped by a number of expierence individuals to extract as much power as the engine can muster safely. This safe limit is governed by factors such as detenation for instance - limitations that a aftermarket ecu cannot alter. I hope that makes sense, I'm not a ECU engineer so even my understanding is rudimentary in compairison to Pauls for instance. :)

182 cup
Peter, as I am sure you are aware an ECU controls a set of variables that allow the engine to develop more or less power. (In a nutshell). As we are implementing all of the OEM electronics/parts the ecu is right at home managing it all.

In this case you will get no performance benefit from fitting an aftermarket ecu as the standard unit is not only more than capable of handling the changes, it can also be remapped by a number of expierence individuals to extract as much power as the engine can muster safely. This safe limit is governed by factors such as detenation for instance - limitations that a aftermarket ecu cannot alter. I hope that makes sense, I'm not a ECU engineer so even my understanding is rudimentary in compairison to Pauls for instance. :)

thats okay if you live in the uk but if like myself your well away from anyone that can map a stock ecu then you have problems, do you know of anyone in perth western australia that is capable of mapping the stock ecu if so i'll be paying him a visit.

yes i know about Henk as i've had the benefit of his good work but as the so called knowledgeable people on here keep saying a live map is the way to go, doing runs down the freeway late at night isn't very heathy on the wallet or license so to have the option of an ecu that can be mapped on the rollers over here is a plus.

at no point have i said that the stock ecu isn't capable of running your setup
or that paul isn't capable of mapping the ecu.

it's all about options the more there is the better it is for people like myself, right or wrong i can see that the gen90 would be a bonus for overseas clio owners.