ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member, Ashford, Kent

Hi All,
Having crashed my Impreza when racing at Brands Hatch on Easter Monday I am now the proud owner of a Clio 182 Cup, which I hope to gradually convert into a Tin Top race car.
My first impressions are what a great fun car......and I've only had positive comments about the car from motorsports enthusiasts.
My son Rob and I will be taking the car to Lydden Hill on 19th May for a trackday in full standard trim to have fun and get a benchmark for any future modifications.
If anyone from here is going please meet up, ours is blue, EX54 something or other!

I will soon be after advice on roll cages, suspension and brake upgrades, however we do have an immediate starting issue which I could do with help with!
The car decided not to start, turns over a couple of times then stops trying, I locked and unlocked the car a few times then it finally started.
Read a bit on the net about key fobs etc and tried the other key. Was fine for a number of starts, then the same issue.
The only odd thing I noticed is there was a mechanical whirring noise when unlocking prior to the car starting successfully, which doesn't seem to be there when the car fails to start.

Do I need the keys recoded? Simple fob battery change? or something else?
Any advice welcome

Many thanks, Andy

Welcome! There are a lot of people that will be able to help on the forum and traders as well that you can trust. Unfortunately Im not to sure on the fault, I guess if you plugged in a fault code reader it would give you an idea! Im based in hastings but also stay in faversham, I now have a Can clip so if you ever needed it id be more than happy to help ?

Many thanks for the reply @ZachB , we did a bit of searching and found the TDC sensor can be a common cause of our problem, whipped it out and cleaned it and all seems to be ok.
Trackday at Lydden Hill went really well, very pleased with the car.
Next job is a roll cage

Thanks for the welcome,
I only have this picture of the car at the moment and also one of the car it's replacing!
I'll get some more pictures at the weekend

20180512_173947_resized.jpg

20180325_103450_resized_1.jpg