ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new member from swindon (need help)

2003 clio 172 cup
Hi all, as above im new to clio.net. As its my first clio (172 cup) I have a few questions to ask, 1st is I bought my silver 172 last week and it says on the logbook and hpi check its a 172cup, its iceberg silver but looks like a normal 172 in silver. It has abs and all toys like climate and esp with cups didn't have,(abs esp) but some have climate.i don't have tirinis or cup spoiler which I wanna buy :) please any info would be greatly received as I am a ford man at heart (last car fiesta st185 mountune) and I've always had a soft spot for the clio. Thanks kev. :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
There were a limited number if cups in Iceberg Silver (I have one). Sounds like yours is a normal 172 with no cup spoiler and standard wheels... Take it you have leather seats as well?

Sounds like potentially you have an imported car which has been incorrectly registered as a Cup.

2003 clio 172 cup
Yes it have leather, I was confused because I knew they made like 88 silver cups and 33 with climate but I seen this clio with low millage so I got it, I was torn between cup and ff and when I signed the logbook it said cup. I thought import at 1st but I have the original documents with the car and everything its ever had or done. But the vin checks as a ff172 and the log says cup. Lol

2003 clio 172 cup
Yes it have leather, I was confused because I knew they made like 88 silver cups and 33 with climate but I seen this clio with low millage so I got it, I was torn between cup and ff and when I signed the logbook it said cup. I thought import at 1st but I have the original documents with the car and everything its ever had or done. But the vin checks as a ff172 and the log says cup. Lol

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
What's the first two letters of the reg.
Mine was a import reg as a clio rl.
They are imported new all the books are the same etc.

2003 clio 172 cup
Yeah everything checks out. Hpi check all fine,I got it from a dealer. All vin numbers match the reg and all mots all correct to vosa and dvla. My reg starts with LF03 im confused as if I put my reg into say we buy any car it says clio 172cup. And the log says the same. :/

2003 clio 172 cup
Na I know its not a cup by the spec/looks but confused to why it was registered wrong? Surely Renault knew what cars what?

PH1 172
Hello Kev, your car seems to be a bit of a puzzle....I'm sure there is nothing to be worried about, nice to see another Swindon member on here too!

2003 clio 172 cup
Hello Kev, your car seems to be a bit of a puzzle....I'm sure there is nothing to be worried about, nice to see another Swindon member on here too!

haha yeah it's good mate! I'm actually from Highworth now mate, even tho I lived in Swindon for 20years. What part of Swindon ya from buddy?

2003 clio 172 cup
Sounds like you have a result there, getting a proper car instead of a poverty spec one :)

yeah thanks mate, yeah its got everything apart from sat nav, low miles, full service history from Renault and 12months warranty and 12months t+t £2000 from a dealer. I didn't think it was too bad? ;)